• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell questions / WE questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Hello everyone... I want 2 know these things about spell making and we using. If anyone answers I will be really gratefull...

1. How can I increase?decrease a units damage/ms/as/hp by percentage. Like a trigger which reduces a units damage by 40% how do I do that?

2.How can create an omnislashing effect on a unit that moves like. the omnislash spell from DotA 1. Also how can move a unit from one position to another at a great speed to create a slash effect?

3. I have seen that when I move a unit to location then I see X and Y coordinates how do I use them.. they are confusing.

4.How can I create the illusion of a unit in game?

5. If anyone can find a thread on special effects then plzz link it to me.....

6. How can I create special effects in a row? Like If :grin: is a special effect then I want to create this -

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

OR
:grin:
:grin: :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone... I want 2 know these things about spell making and we using. If anyone answers I will be really gratefull...

1. How can I increase?decrease a units damage/ms/as/hp by percentage. Like a trigger which reduces a units damage by 40% how do I do that?

Dat: Either use a buff or an aura or a custom stat system, best one I know is CSS by Doomlord. Other choices are hidden GUI ones and Earthfury's vjass one, there might be a few more as well. It's like a damage detection system, once you realize how awesome it is and how much you needed it you don't stop using them.

2.How can create an omnislashing effect on a unit that moves like. the omnislash spell from DotA 1. Also how can move a unit from one position to another at a great speed to create a slash effect?

Dat: I don't remember dota that much so I suggest looking in tutorials for movement or in the spell section because there is quite a few of this spell. Simple, use coordinates or two point movement/polar offsets.

3. I have seen that when I move a unit to location then I see X and Y coordinates how do I use them.. they are confusing.

Dat: Well people suggest using coordinates over locations because creating and cleaning locations is very costly, I am sure you know locations/points so I will tell you a little about coordinates. You use them through custom script/JASS like so: call SetUnitX(udg_unitvariable, 500) and call SetUnitY(udg_unitvariable, 1000)

Remember that this is like a 2D grid so it moves 1000 dots up and 500 across. There is other ways as well, but this is the best one. You do have to check for pathing yourself.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...u-should-know-when-using-triggers-gui-233242/ Should help you big time as long as you bother to read it. Make sure to do so.

4.How can I create the illusion of a unit in game?

Dat: Well there is many ways, but if you mean like mirror image then you can use a dummy caster with the illusion wand item then target the unit you want. That's the easiest way with the most control, look into dummy casters. They're easily found in the spells section, just have to search for them which doesn't take long.

5. If anyone can find a thread on special effects then plzz link it to me.....

Dat: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2027139

6. How can I create special effects in a row? Like If :grin: is a special effect then I want to create this -

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

OR
:grin:
:grin: :grin:

Dat: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...torials-279/chapter-1-static-shapes-gui-7337/ and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rials-279/chapter-2-dynamic-effects-gui-7336/

I replied to you in the quotes.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks alot.. That really helped... +rep..

Status
Not open for further replies.