• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Spell immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi!
I want to make spell immunity for my hero, but not all-spell-immunity, just one of them.

My first idea was that I could make a default active ability, and when an enemy use that spell, which one should have no-effect on my unit, I just check (with trigger) if my hero has the ability, but it seems I can not detect default active ability (at least I haven't found it).

How can I do it?

Level 15
If the enemy spell is triggered, you can just filter if he has Spell Immunity ability so it can't be damaged by the spell , so the trigger of @Retarted_Hobo does the job to detect whether your unit has Spell Immunity or not, and then you can filter your units to damage
For example :
  • Set Enemies_AOE = (Units within 600 aoe matching condition ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of Caster)
  • Unit Group - Pick Every unit in Enemies_AOE and do multiple actions :
    • Loop - Actions
      • If/Then/Else :
        • Conditions
          • (Level of Ability (Spell Immunity) of (Picked Unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Caster) to damage (Picked Unit) 300 damage of type Fire attack...
        • Else - Actions
          • === It can't be damaged ===

Level 3
If the enemy spell is triggered, you can just filter if he has Spell Immunity ability so it can't be damaged by the spell , so the trigger of @Retarted_Hobo does the job to detect whether your unit has Spell Immunity or not, and then you can filter your units to damage
For example :
  • Set Enemies_AOE = (Units within 600 aoe matching condition ((Matching Unit) belongs to an enemy of Caster)
  • Unit Group - Pick Every unit in Enemies_AOE and do multiple actions :
    • Loop - Actions
      • If/Then/Else :
        • Conditions
          • (Level of Ability (Spell Immunity) of (Picked Unit)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Caster) to damage (Picked Unit) 300 damage of type Fire attack...
        • Else - Actions
          • === It can't be damaged ===
I did not see your comment when I write my last post, but I like it. It will be useful and has more possibilities. I was thnking about something like that with item (which fits more than a spell in my campaign), so you save me some time from thinking about how to do it exactly.

Level 15
I did not see your comment when I write my last post, but I like it. It will be useful and has more possibilities. I was thnking about something like that with item (which fits more than a spell in my campaign), so you save me some time from thinking about how to do it exactly.

You can use it with items too, since it uses abilities too... :) Glad I did my job

Status
Not open for further replies.