• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ive made an little custom spell for my map and got on an little problem (im not very good with triggering)
The problem is that the action i use damages allies
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (units within 300.0 of (position of (trigering unit))) and do (actions)
    • Loop - actions
      • Unit - cause trigering unit to damage (picked unit), dealing 250.0 damage of attack type chaos and damage type unversal
I just want it to not damage nearby allies

Level 4
I think if you put:
  • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
right below where you deal damage (or above it, as long as it remains inside the loop), you should be good to go. Post back after you try it.

Level 9
doesnt work but i have problem with variable the hero keeps blinking in the same point every game tell me if something goes wrong
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to blink strike
  • Actions
    • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
    • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
    • Wait 0.27 seconds
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
    • Set temppoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of temppoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 250.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 50.00% of its original speed
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (75.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (25.00%, 25.00%, 25.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (12.00%, 12.00%, 12.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Wait 0.50 seconds
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell animation
    • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
    • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    • Wait 0.27 seconds
    • Environment - Create a 5.00 second Temporary crater deformation at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with radius 512.00 and depth 200.00
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of temppoint matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 250.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Universal
    • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)

Level 16
how do you mean show it to me in an trigger how it would be

• Hive 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.27 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- Damage your enemy units as you did before --------
        • -------- Continue the rest of your action and see If you got any problem --------
But the animation dont need to be inside the loop Actions cause you will see only one animation

Level 16
Ok heres my map test it spuiggy maybe u can fix the problem o ye teleport at diferent places on map
I am sorry but I may not be able to help you because the editor tells me that I have earlier version than yours and that some files may not be opened.

That's what I was able to view in the TE:

• aredon Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to blink strike
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.27 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at temppoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
        • Loop - Actions
      • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 50.00% of its original speed
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (75.00%, 75.00%, 75.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 50.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (25.00%, 25.00%, 25.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (12.00%, 12.00%, 12.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell animation
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Vulnerable
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Triggering unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Wait 0.27 seconds
      • Environment - Create a 5.00 second Temporary crater deformation at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with radius 512.00 and depth 200.00
        • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)

• aredon
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to aredon
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
          • Wait 2.00 seconds

Level 9
i now but how do i remove waits ? and my latest patch os 1.2> and some more couse i dont play warcraft on an disk wc3 is in my com not on an disc xD
and i used the blink for the tele and when blink is dont the caster damages at tempoint (point of hero)

Level 10
I would suggest that someone could do JASS solution, its not MUI and will bug alot when someone will cast this spell too in same time...

Or just make normal variables for needed functions and then convert to custom text and then change Global (udg) variables to locals...

Level 16
ok im bad with variables
just hand me all the variables wit type and shw them into the tirggetr how it should be

I think you may need a variable for the unit (caster) but I am not sure to make another one (temppoint); if you create a variable for the unit you could say position of <UNIT VARIABLE> also note that all those variables will be of array type so you could implement indexs in those variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.