• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell Help...(variables?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to make a spell that shoots more every level....based on another level 1 spell to the ultimate/level 6 spell, which will shoot more.

I have no idea how to do the shooting more every level thingy. Coudl someone help me? I think i'm supposed to use variables .... but I don't know how to use those. :/

Post if you need more details....am I not being specific enough?? :/

Level 1
i know what you're basically trying to do... make a spell cast itself more than once. but i'm going to ask you to be a bit more specific. (i'm too lazy to write a huge 20 page post :p)

what abilities do you want to multi-cast? (bloodlust, shockwave, storm bolt, possession, holy light, or what?)

how you want the multi-casting to work? do you want it so your ability at level 3 casts X number of times? or do you want another ability that makes ALL your hero's spells cast multiple times?
do you want the spell to keep casting on the same target? or do you want it to pick out different targets for each cast?

Level 1
Ok...umm...

This is how I imagine it...
I just want it to shoot out x projectiles based on the level, and it homes on a random enemy on the screen. If there's only one, all of them hit the one enemy etc.

Kind of like in DotA , Luna's Eclipse.

Yeah....-_-

Level 1
ah... that type of thing...

Daelin is right, you will probably want to make the ability before worrying about having it multi-cast. i you need help with it, just ask.

Level 1
allstars. not DotA.

To answer...

Create a number of dummy units depending on how many times you want to cast, create a dummy spell based off Fan of Knives with a changed animation, set the maximum damage to the damage done and order all the units to cast the spell.

Level 7
Hmm, only one problem with what you suggest there, when it goes to damage the units there is no sure way to target the units that are being hit by the missiles. It might just shoot some guy other than what gets damaged. So instead of that do it the longer way and make it summon some dummies that cast spells to the targets or something of the like. It mike be longer but it will be hitting the right units.

Status
Not open for further replies.