• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spell FOR attack... is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Um... I am not exactly sure of what to call this... assuming there is another known term...

What i want to do is this:

DISABLE OR ELIMNATE the "default" attack command/action/icon.

add a spell that the both the AI and automatic reaction is to use THAT SPELL for its attack...

basicly force the unit to use spell instead of the default...

EX.

take an archer with "ice arrows or siering arrows".
under a normal archer, it can attack ranged without the spell... as the spell is an optional thing to turn on or off. However, im trying so it CANT ATTACK unless it has that spell on.. which basicly means it is doing that spell for its main attack.. with mana cost and all, but can not ranged regular.. without using the spell and with normal arrows. Hopefully the AI can do the same and the automatic reaction to enemies works the same way with this spell.

this can be with or without the "auto cast" option.... as in the AUTOCAST IS EITHER ALWAYS ON or can be on or off but when its off, it wont attack at all... (unless it has other spells and is under the control of the AI.... or the player must manually select the spell or turn the "autocast" on to start that attack)

Possible?
... did i describe the situation clearly or is it still mumbo-jumbo and needs a re-statement?
:?

Level 6
you might try with setting the unit to have no attack, and giving it an orb ability. maybe if you play around with that orb ability it might have the pissibility to attak with that one.
BUT
how ever you manage to do it - the unit will not have an attack displayed, therefore it is not known to the player how much damage he/she can do...
(the normal attack display is only there, if the unit HAS an attack)

another way would be to set the attackdamage to 0 and manipulate that with the ability - that would result in the unit attacking, but not dealing damage as long as id does not use its ability...

Level 2
I agree to raszul, but you could also try giving it an attack (0 damage,no missile model?) and create a trigger that fires every time the unit attacks and forces the unit immediatly to use an ability based off...some missile ability, like shadow strike or something similar. To prevent it from attacking when out of mana you could make an invisible unit cast a modified silence spell on it that prevents it from attacking, you should then also add a trigger that removes that buff when the unit´s mana is high enough to cast the spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.