• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Custom Text error Sleep action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The spell leaks, is poorly designed and overall I would say should be totlly remade.

Do not use BJs when there are natives avaiable.

Try using locals as well.

What I think is happening is the triggering unit native cuts out and so it breaks, or you think waiting in loops functions in some funky way. Waiting in loops causes it to loop, wait then loop, wait etc until the end of the loop one loop at a time. It will not create umpteen parralel threads for each loop.

Level 11
can you explain to me better why it leaks instead of this 2 min shitty answer. I used my basic programing skill from acual languages to do this, I don't accually know a single thing about Jass, or custom text or what ever the proper name is. to me it just looks like another visual basic languag... can someone explain in greater depth how this "leaks" that uses terminology from basic programing Also how are you positive that this "leaks".

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Leaks are when data is left in the RAM hogging up space after all references to it are gone, thus using system resources yet being of no use.

WC3's garbage collection is pretty crap, near non existant thus you have to do things like destroying locations and groups before losing reference to them or they will leak. You also must null local agents and handles as they cause a reference leak.

Try reading a leak tutorial, and leaks in your map will become clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.