• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Spell Book shared recharge time bug ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone,

I created a custom spell book with 2 spells. When you use one of them, it should put the other one on cooldown. To do that, I set the "shared cooldown" on TRUE in the spell editor. However, it doesn't seem to work when I test it. Any idea why?

(Set recharge time of spells at x or set the recharge time of the spell book at x ?...)

I checked few threads and turorials but none of them seem to have that problem.

Thanks for your time !

Level 3
Shared cooldown option has nothing to do with it

The only solution I can think of is to base the spells off two same basic spells, like Thunderclap and Thunderclap. But that would lead to bugs like casting two spells simoultaniously, but they surely would have shared cooldowns.

Level 38
Shared cooldown option has nothing to do with it
Wrong. Shared cooldown means that when you cast any spell in the book it puts the book itself on cooldown for that same duration. You can’t open the book again until the cooldown passes.
The only solution I can think of is to base the spells off two same basic spells, like Thunderclap and Thunderclap. But that would lead to bugs like casting two spells simoultaniously, but they surely would have shared cooldowns.
Only one of the spells will cast when two or more orders collide (or possibly none of them will cast). This will not achieve a shared cooldown in any capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.