• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Speed Ball [Lan Edition]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Objective
Kill Your Openets by hiting them whit one of the 8 balls in the map
you can use your gold to get buufs there helps you
use you abillitys to help you servive and kill your enemys
player one chose the number of rounds whith the cmd -rounds #

Keywords:
speed, ball, lan, fun, nice, mini, game.
Contents

Speed Ball [Lan Edition] (Map)

Reviews
ap0calypse: Rejected Not bad, but it certainly isn't ready for approval yet.

M

ap0calypse: Rejected

Not bad, but it certainly isn't ready for approval yet.

Level 6
Category abuse, bad description at site, invalid author name which have break the site rules, floating text telling user what to type goes off fast, when I attack the ball I get damage even though the ball move forward, mana regeneration speed too slow, and gold income was too low.

1 gold income is the damage you give other and all played whit think that you got the gold you need

2 the damage thing when you hit the the ball to start it removed

3 farster mana regenation make you to power full i have tryed

4 author name fixed

Level 31
3 farster mana regenation make you to power full i have tryed

With the blink barely exceed 200 range and the ball speed incredible fast, do you think it would be powerful? And the 2nd ability just give you attack 100 range further, with the speed of the creep being average and slow mana regeneration. It would make the game dull and bored.

Also, add a quest log and fix the floating text. The speed of the floating text remove was soo quick that I do not notice I would have to type -rounds xxx in order to get it started. Fix the floating text and add quest log as they could be helpful to user should they miss the floating text.

Change the map type to mini-game and category to Medieval / Warcraft instead of using all the category.

Level 6
With the blink barely exceed 200 range and the ball speed incredible fast, do you think it would be powerful? And the 2nd ability just give you attack 100 range further, with the speed of the creep being average and slow mana regeneration. It would make the game dull and bored.

Also, add a quest log and fix the floating text. The speed of the floating text remove was soo quick that I do not notice I would have to type -rounds xxx in order to get it started. Fix the floating text and add quest log as they could be helpful to user should they miss the floating text.

Change the map type to mini-game and category to Medieval / Warcraft instead of using all the category.

working on it
-Done Updating now
--Updated

Level 11
The good:
-Map can be fun when played by experienced players.
-Ball movement system seems to be bug-free and lagless.

The bad:
-Loading screen gives you no information at all.
-When the game start, you don't tell players how to throw the balls.
-Range attack hotkey [R] doesn't work.
-Many spelling errors.
-One of the balls is owned by red, when clicked it has a peasant voice, you also can't throw this ball through normal means, you must click A and then click on it to throw, range attack also doesn't work on it.
-When a round ends, the new one starts way too fast, there should be a small wait between rounds so players can get ready.

Level 17
Speed Ball [Lan Edition] is a map where you attack balls of lightning in an attempt to hit other players.

Right away it reminded me of a similar mini-game in Uther Party (almost too similar, might I add), which was quite fun. Unlike Uther Party, your map wasn't made up of several mini-games; just the one. It ended up becoming boring after a few rounds, and felt like a chore to play through.

The ball movement looked great, and the physics looked fine. However, it's worth remaking the system effeciently in vJASS since your map is reliant on it.

Rating: 2.0 and recommended for approval.

The quality feels slightly lacking after a while, but this is designed for short matches, so it's understandable.

The map is only worth a 2.0 when it's viewed as a short, addicting game. Otherwise, the quality is not high enough to receive approval. Play at your own discression.