• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Special Effect - Destroy Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there a way to make use of this effect so it takes place instantly?

When I call it to remove stored special effects from weapon attachments it usually takes about 2-4 seconds before the attachment (the Special Effect) is actually removed.

Is there a way or a work-around so I can avoid this delay? And preferably by not using items with the weapon attachment on them - that's a last resort.

I've worked out a Dual-Wield system so Heroes can dual-wield weapons; and when they drop/pick up weapons the weapon attachment effects should act accordingly (i.e. spawn or be destroyed). It works fine except for that delay I have to face everytime the Special Effect - Destroy Effect is called.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Level 2
Deaod attaching the weapon attachment to a dummy unit instead would be pretty pointless? Then there are no weapon visuals on the Heroes to begin with.

PurplePoot - Yeah that seem logical. The death animation would really just be nothing; just removing the model once its fired. Is the death animation of a model played automatically when you call Special Effect - Destroy Effect? Or would I have to Play the animation first and then call the Destroy Effect function?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.