• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Space Frigates] I skin, you model? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
It occured to me the other day that warcraft has a SERIOUS lack of realistic spacecraft models?

Therefore, I would like to request a modeller to work with me on a few decent Frigate-style large spacecraft models for the THW community :) Ideally, they will be similar in design to those featured in Homeworld 2. Basic shapes and with easy animations.

Heres an idea for the style of models we would be making:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/Star2Scream/Frigate2copy.png

As far as animation goes, they are really basic:

Stand: A slight up and down movement, with the occasional tiny flash from the ship.
Movement: A blue glow appearing next to all engines
Attack: A series of firing SFX on any turrets (ripped from a warcraft SFX)
Death: Explosion animation (ripped from a warcraft SFX)

And those pretty much cover it. Animations will also be similar between the models to make things even simpler. The only difference will be the location of the engine and attack SFX :)

Once the a model is complete, just send me the unwrap texture and I'll create a nice looking skin for it! :) Whoever helps me with this will be able to upload the models under there profile, just give credit to me for the skin ;)

So! What say you? Anyone up for the task? :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

It occured to me the other day that warcraft has a SERIOUS lack of realistic spacecraft models?

Therefore, I would like to request a modeller to work with me on a few decent Frigate-style large spacecraft models for the THW community :) Ideally, they will be similar in design to those featured in Homeworld 2. Basic shapes and with easy animations.

Heres an idea for the style of models we would be making:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/Star2Scream/Frigate2copy.png

As far as animation goes, they are really basic:

Stand: A slight up and down movement, with the occasional tiny flash from the ship.
Movement: A blue glow appearing next to all engines
Attack: A series of firing SFX on any turrets (ripped from a warcraft SFX)
Death: Explosion animation (ripped from a warcraft SFX)

And those pretty much cover it. Animations will also be similar between the models to make things even simpler. The only difference will be the location of the engine and attack SFX :)

Once the a model is complete, just send me the unwrap texture and I'll create a nice looking skin for it! :) Whoever helps me with this will be able to upload the models under there profile, just give credit to me for the skin ;)

So! What say you? Anyone up for the task? :)

I'll model it, im still learning how to animate and add the particle effects though :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.