• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How can i play a sound for only some players.. not all (E.G. allies of player 1)... not just to all or in a point.. is it can be made only in JASS or what?

How can i play a sound for only some players.. not all (E.G. allies of player 1)... not just to all or in a point... help please

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Maybe this will help you a bit.

You can do it by using GetLocalPlayer, maybe something like this:

JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == desiredPlayer
    call StartSound....whatever
endif[code=jass]

Though there is a procedure how to get a sound working. First time it doesn't play, it is [B]loaded[/B], next time it plays, I think.

EDIT: Omg don't do that criminal....

Level 5
For the record, you should note that Jass' numbers start from zero usually. So:

Player(0) = Player 1 (Red)
Player(1) = Player 2 (Blue)
Player(2) = Player 3 (Teal)

And so on. So if you work with HappyTauren's trigger you should do:

• Custom script: If GetLocalPlayer() == PlayerEx(Player's number - 1) then
    • Sound - Play Sound
  • Custom script :endif
If you want to check if it is triggering players then:

• Custom script: If GetLocalPlayer() == PlayerEx(GetTriggerPlayer()) then
    • Sound - Play Sound
If you want to check if it is a global variable then:

• Custom script: If GetLocalPlayer() == PlayerEx(udg_GlobalName) then
    • Sound - Play Sound
Etc...

Level 9
hmmm... i want it for allies of a player.. not just a player. as i said. alliest of [owner of casting unit] so whats code..? and i cant use jass because the trigger uses over 150 lines.. there will be a high chance of mistakes.
if necessary and no code i'll do the long work like playing for specifec players each takes 3 lines

EDIT : hmmmm ishould try to change PlayerEx(GetTriggerPlayer()) to ..?

Level 13
This is weird...... It's not in the blizzard.j.

It smelled of caster system*, but it seems like there's no PlayerEx there....... and I also checked the JC native list, but there is still no PlayerEx! So why is my JC screwing around with me??

*I know we shouldn't say that out loud, so sorry Pooty, should I call it the-system-which-must-not-be-named?

EDIT: I though it was CS, because both me and HappyTauren are using that. Well, I don't anymore, because of a certain enlightenment, but I don't know about HT......

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 68
Level 40
:p, Silvenon, go ahead and call it what you like, I just hate it. (for previously explained reasons...)

Anyways, JC automatically holds CS functions and I'm not getting a PlayerEx... maybe check your extra implemented scripts?

Anyways, let's spare this poor guy from getting his thread hijacked (if it even matters at this point)

Level 13
:p, Silvenon, go ahead and call it what you like, I just hate it. (for previously explained reasons...)

I was kidding :)

Anyways, JC automatically holds CS functions and I'm not getting a PlayerEx... maybe check your extra implemented scripts?

That's what I did in the first place (I put all the functions in that CasterSystem.j which I got with JC. I had to do that because of some stupid bug)

Anyways, let's spare this poor guy from getting his thread hijacked (if it even matters at this point)

I think he got all the answers he needed.....If he didn't, he would've asked already

Status
Not open for further replies.