• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Sound/Model/Portrait problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, I'm trying to replace certain unit portraits and models with their mercenary versions for a melee game; however since I'm using only the Swarm Multi-player dependency, I have to copy over various models I want from a blank map using the Swarm Campaign dependency. (The reason I am doing this is because when I use the Campaign dependency on my project, it adds a bunch of weird elite units and structures to the game - things I don't want)

Well, it worked all well and good until I had to export/import the files. Certain models weren't working. I imported the Merc Marauder standard, portrait, death models etc over from the campaign map to the multii-player map, but they come out extremely strange. See the pic to know what I mean.
ycWda0D.jpg

The portraits are extremely bright, and the model's texture is just red. (It corresponds to the player number; player 1 = red, player 2 = blue etc) The models look fine in the data editor preview. Just curious what I did wrong? The only models I have problems with are the ones I exported/imported... so I think it has something to do with that. One final question I have... I have a custom ability that has a sound playing globally, rather than at the source. I did what various tutorials told me to do, but they didn't fix anything. Any ideas for that are appreciated. Thanks very much!

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Looks like something is wrong with the emissive layer.

The best thing to do would be to just use the campaign dependencies like most people do who want to have merc unit models. This saved players having to download a lot of data again that they already have.

Level 1
Looks like something is wrong with the emissive layer.

The best thing to do would be to just use the campaign dependencies like most people do who want to have merc unit models. This saved players having to download a lot of data again that they already have.

Thanks for the reply. So I loaded the campaign dependency, which immediately fixed portrait/model problem. This leaves me with two questions, though. It tells me of significant data errors possibly occurring if I use the multiplayer/campaign dependencies at the same time. Should I be worried? I need campaign for the units, and multiplayer for the game balance/units.

Lastly, with the campaign dependency I get junk like this. Can I just remove it from the command card and be done with it?

Level 1
Alright, I solved the issue. Just in case somebody with the same issue happens to find this in the future... I opened Assets/Textures in the campaign map, found all the .dds files I needed (the emissive/diffusal related ones), exported/imported them, and the texture returned to normal (in game). Thanks for your help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.