• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soul Calibur RPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I need some ideas about a map I'm starting. The map is an RPG style map that involves the Soul Calibur storyline. I need your opinions on a few things:

-Should it be one player or more? (Please state how many you think.)

-Should it be a relativley quick game that could take a few hours, or should it include a load/save feature?

-Should the map layout be something like that you can go everywhere from the start, or the game somewhat guides you through the land, needing levels to reach cities?

-Should characters from the games be in the map? Or should it break from the storyline a bit with different characters?

A few things about the game:

-Some weapons avaliable will be from the games. (Including Soul Edge, Soul Calibur, and Soul Calibur (evil). Thanks to Illidan(Evil)x for those models.)

-Different armour types will be avaliable. Whether its a drop or purchaseable from a shop.

So, I appreciate your suggestions and opinions. Also, feel free to give suggestions on other things about the game.

If this has already been made, please let me know. I checked Hiveworkshop and could not find one but there could be one on another site.

Thank You. -Schecter7474

Last edited:
Level 12
Hello! I need some ideas about a map I'm starting. The map is an RPG style map that involves the Soul Calibur storyline. I need your opinions on a few things:

-Should it be one player or more? (Please state how many you think.)

-Should it be a relativley quick game that could take a few hours, or should it include a load/save feature?

-Should the map layout be something like that you can go everywhere from the start, or the game somewhat guides you through the land, needing levels to reach cities?

-Should characters from the games be in the map? Or should it break from the storyline a bit with different characters?

A few things about the game:

-Some weapons avaliable will be from the games. (Including Soul Edge, Soul Calibur, and Soul Calibur (evil). Thanks to Illidan(Evil)x for those models.)

-Different armour types will be avaliable. Whether its a drop or purchaseable from a shop.

So, I appreciate your suggestions and opinions. Also, feel free to give suggestions on other things about the game.

If this has already been made, please let me know. I checked Hiveworkshop and could not find one but there could be one on another site.

Thank You. -Schecter7474

The Story line should focus on some small idiots who heard about Soul Edge and Got cocky...
-Difficulty would change depending on your relationship with Voldo
--Easy-He's an ally that Aids you along thinking you will help him get it for his Master
--Medium-Voldo isn't around..
--Hard-Voldo wants to scare everyone away from the Soul Edge so he can grab it for his master

In all three versions you fight him as the 3rd to last boss
-Nightmare would be awesome but he is the controller of Soul edge.... thus he wouild be the second to last boss....
-Voldo is the idea of servicing others besides yourself and thus he isn't there for himself... Unlike the heroes...

Should be a game with different modes, All three would use the same map
1) Story Line
2) Open RPG
3) Dota/Arena

Story Line- WOuld tak you along town by town with some Islands on the side to act as

The Map-A side view of Italy
The Map would be symmetrical except for behind each peak (One would be islands the other would be Plains)
Along the path to each end there iwll be a series of towns
-In one of the Islands is the Voldos Masters Lair (But is far too hard to
-In the Plains on the otherside will be the area with Soul Edge

The actual Gameplay and vision should be the following
-Block (Based off Defend)-You defend yourself from any incoming attacks (semi auto)
-Horizontal Attack (Based off Bladestrom)-People that are side strafing and two close will get hit by this attack (.5 casting time, .5 ending time [by using pause trigger])
-Vertical/Unblockable (Looks like slam but is dummy casted shockwave that is driven by Warstomp [if unit in tempgroup has "block" buff, put unit under silence spell and then give it a .5 pause)-Break through your enemies defenses (Slam Animation)
-Stabs (Same as vertical only without the silencing of Defend and no pause)-Basic Attack (semi auto)
-Special Attacks-This is mostly used for different style gameplay
1) Pushing Attack-A normal attack with blowback so that you can deal with multiple opponents one at a time (Does no damage)
2) Running Defense-Prepare a rush and choose a direction then rush forward while defending so that you can escape a bad battle

Every Attack does a small amount of blowback

This is all personal opinion and feeling
I am a fan of Soul Calibur

There needs to be some sort of interesting gameplay...

Or the entire game wouldn't be based off spells.... and Defend, Bladstrom, Rush, Push and unblockable attack....

THats just the way I feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.