• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sort abilities in a spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making spells for some character and I sort them inside spellbooks, I have two spellbooks on the same unit and I wonder how to sort them and keep them ordered even if I level up the spellbook ability (action that adds more abilities) or morph the unit.
So briefly, I want to make spellbooks that keep abilities ordered the way at want at any level on any unit.

Any ideas??

Level 9
I don't quite understand the problem. Abilities can have their positions set (x and y coords) in the object editor. When you fill a spellbook with spells, those icon positions are used - always.

If you ask for a way to change that ingame - no, that's not possible.

Level 4
For what I've read x & y coords from abilities don't work on spellbooks. It seems you have to add abilities in the order you want them to go or something like that. So, that's my problem, I don't get abilities placed in the position I want to (even though I've set x & y coords)

I don't think there's a way to change it, it really lines them up depending on the order you put them in the spellbook... basically if you want the spells inside to be at the same position for different levels of the spellbook, just don't change their arrangement in the WE.

If you don't know the order, they start from the upper left most box going to the end of the row then start again at the leftmost part of the next row

Level 11
Make a trigger that clears all spells inside a spellbook (remove ability from unit) and then adds all new versions of the desired spells in the order you want them. By that way they will keep the oder you want them.

Level 4
Make a trigger that clears all spells inside a spellbook (remove ability from unit) and then adds all new versions of the desired spells in the order you want them. By that way they will keep the oder you want them.

That's what I've read most people do, but, if I have two spell books, how do I know to which one I'm introducing the ability I'm adding to the unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.