• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Something to aspire to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
What The F*ck

.......WHAT....THE....F*CK....WAS...THAT...

HOLY...MOTHER..OF...F**KING...SH*T......

..........I am not going to say anything, any one who read's this...see it and tell me what you think of it...

I need to repeat myself because im going insane...

.......WHAT....THE....F*CK....WAS...THAT...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I still think the fight scenes are awesome.

Level 36
Well, it was pretty good. The choreography was good, and the fight scenes, but really it seemed like it was just the matrix redone with halo models and scnees. Everything else was really the same and many of the fight scenes took moves right out of the Matrix Reloaded. I also think it was a VERY bad idea to use a female spartan, because a lot of people find it confusing.

For those not in the know, there was a female spartan (along with many others) but the last of them died just before the events of Halo 1, making John, Spartan 117, the Master Chief.

Despite this, even I was confused when the Spartan turned out to be a female, because myself (and probably 99% of the other halo players who watched) thought this was the Master Chief.

It was alright overall, but nothing really special.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Quit combining catholicism with Lord of the Rings quotes
Reading The Crucible for English class, and playing/modding fantasy games doesn't help much.

And I personally really liked the Metroid Prime series, the graphics, the landscape, and the storyline. Interesting, challenging and fun.

Level 36
Yes, but did you ever get a chance to play Halo 1. 2 is not as good, and forget the rabid fanbase, it was the first game that started it all and it still remains my favourite of the two. Play it sometime Chriz. You wont regret it :D Metroid isn't a bad game... I just don't think it's a really good game as it failed to capture my attention (although... that is pretty hard to do :p)

Level 18
They both sucked if you ask me. Halo worst of all. It was a sub par fps game, sadly grabbing an audience because its the only decent fps err game on the xbox. Which grabbed people due to its name being Microsoft.

and don give me that lots of people love it shit, lots of people loved the Nazis.

Level 8
Yes, but did you ever get a chance to play Halo 1. 2 is not as good, and forget the rabid fanbase, it was the first game that started it all and it still remains my favourite of the two. Play it sometime Chriz. You wont regret it :D Metroid isn't a bad game... I just don't think it's a really good game as it failed to capture my attention (although... that is pretty hard to do :p)

I completely agree. Two is overdone, One was great.

Level 36
They both sucked if you ask me. Halo worst of all. It was a sub par fps game, sadly grabbing an audience because its the only decent fps err game on the xbox. Which grabbed people due to its name being Microsoft.

and don give me that lots of people love it shit, lots of people loved the Nazis.

But lots of people didn't love Halo 1, it took time for it to garner a following and then took off after that. Halo 2 had a bunch of rabid fanboys from the start. And the game was absolutely not subpar. Cool weapons, a good story and fun vehicles made it great for both single player and online multiplayer! Co-op is also a blast!

Go to any site that reviews games, find Halo and you'll see that it got a good score. The rest of the world agrees with me on this one, Sansui.

Level 36
Yes, well I modded Halo PC extensively for about 2 years, so modded LANS were amazing fun, because you could change any of the game properties to fit your needs. Only plasma grenades on Wizard? Done. 1 throw tosses three grenades? Done. It was excellent fun, especially since I had pretty much reached the limits of the games modability, so I could do just about anything that someone wanted.

Level 18
Brad, if halo was released originally on pc. It would have gotten average reviews. The fact that it was the only decent game on xbox boosted its reviews. Several places review it as only average on pc, not to mention non sanctioned reviews place it as average to below average(they dont get paid to rte it higher)

And look at wow it got great ratings and it sucks.

Level 36
I am neutral about WoW, I play it but i'm certainly not obsessed... haven't played in several weeks.... the game is nothing special, but obviously we are the majority, because 9 million other people play it rabidly.

Halo, I can actually testify for, it's a great game. Excellent gameplay, a great story, and of course the ever cool Spartans. Online play and mod capabilities make for a lot of playing.

Level 18
umm the story is shite. And the spartans were beyond gay. The gameplay is by far average in fps games, and the graphics are also average at best.

because 9 million other people play it rabidly.
More like 4 million play it, I will never trust a single report BLIZZARD puts out.

Hey the bible is the number one book.
Wow soul success was due to the fact that it was released at the perfect time. DAOC and EQ, were getting old and frankly boring. It was the only average mmorpg to be released at that time. Lucky for them all the mmorpg people finally got their friends and family into mmos and now mmos are more popular form of gaming.

Level 21
ok i dont know if anyone agrees with me but this i would call conversation. if everyone stayed on topic in these threads they would be about 30 posts long tops because there are only about 30 people that read the offtopic forum!!!! and it is the off topic forum, surely in here you can talk about anything. fair enough if someone wants help with a trigger and people start talking about halo vs whatever but when someone posts a video of halo and people talk about halo....off topic!?!?!? u guys are crazy.

my personal opinoin:

off topic can go off topic so long as the thread creator doesn mind, if they posts saying "hey guys can we stay on topic here" then fair enough

have a discussion or conversation about stuff is fine, its what people do.

posts should be deleted or edited if they are blatant spam "SPAAAM!!" or if they are very offensive (while i dont care about this i dont like it when people call someone a "fucking asshole" or something just because they disagree).

threads should be rarely closed due to off topicness in the off topic forums.

threads could be about anything tasteful, so long is it isnt really nasty i dont mind.

flamers or flame threads should be neg repped or closed respectively, but if someone has an opinoin, so long as it isnt too offensively written (see above) they should have all the right to post it.

"Im leaving because you hate me, please cry for my computers soul" style threads should be binned because most of us has gathered that there are two kinds of people here. those who dont care because the internet is harsh, live with it. and those who are sensitive to such things. not that i have a problem with either but arguing about it is just stupid, especially when the person leaving isnt liked much around here anyways.

have a joke ffs, lighten up and when someone says "man you stink so bad i can smell you over the internet!! :p :p" say something back and mess about! just be careful u dont start to flame!

no one should really care about posts, just the written work of the person posting. having said that, having alot of posts can show experience and makes you better known but it is not a bragging tool.

these are my personal opions, agree/disagree i dont care, but dont needlessly kill a conversation and a half decent one at that.

Metriod = good
Halo = better
HL2 = great
Counter Strike (and Source) = BEST!

Level 21
well i have always been a PC fan, i know Halo is good but i have only played it at friends. HL1 was very good, and i would have put it but ill admit that it is outdated now and i cant even play CS 1.6 without pulling myself back to CSS due to the better graphics and (i think tho many would glock me for this) better gameplay. also come on, gravity gun, GRAVITY GUN!!!!!!!

oh and that isnt my ranking of fps games, i just put them with relevance to hl2 and css which i think are the best 2 fps games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.