• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Someone wants to animate Varian model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
So, some days ago I started working on a Varian model. I finished it and I'm most proud of this model. But I cannot animate so I'm asking someone to animate it for me. Of course the model will be uploaded for the public and will be credited the person that is willing to animate the model.
Everything except head, hair and the sword is scratch made, by me, that is.
I am planing to ask paladinjst for his permission to use his sword of Varian and the texture and head, hair from Sellenisko.
If someone visited paladinjst's thread about his heroes models, he'll realize that I used paladinjst's model as a reference, from picture, that is.
242792-albums8412-picture103777.png

242792-albums8412-picture103776.png

Level 51
Man, you really gotta start working on your own models. I understand your motives and such, but you will never really grow as a modeller if you don't really start working on your own concepts and models. Doesn't have to be done everything by yourself, but always taking little parts from other people's models (even with their permission) feels kinda cheap.

Level 50
Yeah, I know. But it's hard for me to animate models and I don't want to just leave so nice mesh. Try to understand me. About the head, maybe I will change it, try to use in game textures for it. I could do the same for the sword, but the animations are hard. Your models use in game animations, some use wow animations so you should understand me.

Level 50
I don't think it's a big deal if I use just one thing from other modeler. He will be mentioned when the model is uploaded. About the idea I hope paladinjst is not mad. When I saw his meshes of all his heroes I wanted the models so bad. Now I realized that I can do that myself, too. And I wanted to share it with someone, to upload it for the public. I am not the guy that wants his model just for himself, I know how I asked some peoples about their models and didn't get the answer at all. So I started making things myself and whenever someone asks me for some model I share it.

Level 34
I'm not talking about animations but mainly about the mesh but also concept and idea wise.

The truth is - if he plans on actualy doing models in the industry - he will work with other people's concepts for the most time.

But i don't realy fancy the parts of the model that he made on his own, there is definetely a room for improvements. It isn't the best resemblence of Varian one could achive.

About other people's meshes and animations - i think that it's appropriate if the outcome is worthy. In this case - i'm not entirely sure if i consider this appropriate. Might actualy stick to making your own mesh on this model. Let it be a training dummy of yours.

Good luck with your models dear mr. Stefan.K

Status
Not open for further replies.