• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ok.. here are 2 doubts i have

the first one

is there a posibility that if you use too much the same "from each integer blabla.." they could generate problems?

because one of my spells did the whole trigger but got lost in the loop section... it did only 1 of the 3 i said it to do... and i always use the A instead of the B... but after ive tried everything i changed the A for the B and it worked...:eekani:

the second one is...

Wich one of these is better:

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Disable Starlight Extinction (Aries_Mu) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Unstoppable Strength (Taurus Aldebaran)(Avatar) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Lion's Fury ( Aioria de Leao ) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Tenbuhorin ( Virgo Shaka True ) for (Owner of (Picked unit))

or this one

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Manifestation ( Shun Possesed Normal Form ) for (Picked player))
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Several Thousand Times ( Shun de Andromeda ) for (Picked player))
consider that this is a DotA style map and you have a single hero

Thx ^^

Level 12
for the record, its called an AoS

I would use the "Pick every Unit" action, but if you do, remember to destroy the leaks(if you do not know what a Leak is, please check out the thread "Things that Leak") since I would say that would lead to less lagg, since if I remember right, Disabling abilities can cause severe laggs if to make actions are made at the same time

Level 11
Thx... the one with pick unit is the one im making (i have to disable and enable more than 50 skills... so i wanted to know if im doing right) the other one was already in my map...

PS: i know (aeon of strife) but.... not everybody knows that... (but in the section and forum i am ... i think i could wrote it that way .. :p)

EDIT: as far as ive been reading... leaks acording to all players selection are rare... and they should not be destroyed because they may create errors... so i think that ill leave them as they are

(if somebody is gonna make an opinion about this consider that there are 75+ skills to disable :S... wich option is the best?)

EDIT2:

is this ok?

• Set Temp_group = (Units of type Divine Tower)
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Divine Tower) and do (Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 50)
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_group)

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Portal) and do (Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation)
  • Set Temp_group = (Last created unit group)
The second one is different... i wanna know if is wright that way or not...

Thx again ^^

Last edited:
Level 29
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Divine Tower) and do (Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 50)

You pick every unit in the group you just made:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_group and do (Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 50)

Level 11
ok thx ^^

and here?...

Wich one of these is better:

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True) and (((Owner of (Matching unit)) controller) Equal to User))) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Disable Starlight Extinction (Aries_Mu) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Unstoppable Strength (Taurus Aldebaran)(Avatar) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Lion's Fury ( Aioria de Leao ) for (Owner of (Picked unit))
      • Player - Disable Tenbuhorin ( Virgo Shaka True ) for (Owner of (Picked unit))

or this one

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Manifestation ( Shun Possesed Normal Form ) for (Picked player))
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Several Thousand Times ( Shun de Andromeda ) for (Picked player))

Level 11
yes... actually... i think that if you pick all players you dont have to take out the leaks because is rare that that selection causes them... so i guess is better that way... but ... still i have a lot.. and i mean a LOT of leaks and stuff to clean... thx for your answers ^^

Level 12

You pick every unit in the group you just made:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_group and do (Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 50)
oh, good that you noticed that

it was quite late when i answered the questions, so i must have missed that xD

Status
Not open for further replies.