• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
K, first off I know I shouldn't have put it here, but only moderators can create a forum in the tutorial section (I joined 2day so I know theres prolly either somewhere else I should have posted it).

K I have three questions:
1: How do you detect damage/ store it as a variable (also attack speed but wtvr)? do you have to do this?:

Events:
A unit is attacked

Actions:
Set (BeforeHitPoints) = Current Hit Points of attacked unit

wait 1 second

Set (AttackDamage) = (BeforeHitPoints) - (Current hitpoints of attacked unit)

I Don't think tihs is very effective because chanelling spells and such can damage the targeted unit in tht 0.5 seconds so that it wont be a correct value, and also 0.5 seconds isn't the cooldown of all units.

2: How do you create a running shot?

I don't know how 2 create a running shot that keeps the running unit's running animation active, and i don't know how to (see q1). Since I think that you have to somehow store the damage variable, I don't know how to make this. The only thing I do know is how to lock the body part facing so it looks like the attacking unit is actually aiming at the attacked unit.

3: Lol, this is really basic, and I'm just 2 lazy 2 use a trigger + I don't think it's neccasary but: How do you target a tree?

How do you target (not just splash damage a tree) a tree without triggers, and without editing the tree so it is either selectable, and is not a unit?

I appreciate any help, as I personally believe that I don't suck at mapmaking, I just don't know some basic things. :D thx

Status
Not open for further replies.