• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

som1 help plz! {whenever I import a unit or attachment, it turns to a purple cube}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
wenevr i import a unit or attachment it comes up as a purple cube.
(and the tutorial said it would come up as green:( ).
i followed the tutorial very carefully and tried opening and closing my map but it keeps on saying "could not load file: warcraftIII imported blah blah blah etc...

Level 14
Option 1

Make sure the unit path is correct.When importing a file it usually say war3imported\bla\bla\bla , most models dont use that path , so you have to change it via the importing section in your WE , read the readme for the model and the path is not there then you must not change anything.

Option 2

If the paths are correct then try testing your map , it may be a purple cube and it may say that it was not able to load , but sometimes the model still works.

Option 3

NOTE: if it is a skin your importing then you must make sure your icon is imported correctly, after that you must change the ''Model File'' to a unit thats allready in war3 eg Units\Humans\Footman.mdl, you should find the Model file path in the Readme.

I hope this helps

Level 4
ive tried like 30models and i checked the unit paths loads!

{EDIT}
Option 1

Make sure the unit path is correct.When importing a file it usually say war3imported\bla\bla\bla , most models dont use that path , so you have to change it via the importing section in your WE , read the readme for the model and the path is not there then you must not change anything.

Option 2

If the paths are correct then try testing your map , it may be a purple cube and it may say that it was not able to load , but sometimes the model still works.

Option 3

NOTE: if it is a skin your importing then you must make sure your icon is imported correctly, after that you must change the ''Model File'' to a unit thats allready in war3 eg Units\Humans\Footman.mdl, you should find the Model file path in the Readme.

I hope this helps
ah so it is supposed to be mdl cous i thought it went wrong and haad probs loading. ty for help ill try it and raise your rep for ur time )both ov u) ty ppl!:thumbs_up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.