• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] trigger eatch 3 wave teleport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hello there.

Recently took upon wc3 again after many years and been moding some maps.

I would like to make a trigger that will give a question to all players if they would enter the arena, and if no, they will get a 2k penalty fee.

if yes, they would be teleported to the arena were they woud not be friendly heroes anymore and kill eatchother. And when last man standing they will be teleported back and winner get 4000 gold. then the next creepwave will continue again after 25sec.

This is a TD map called Bayus that I am editing.

cheers

Level 2
sry about that. ehm, bayus TD remix 2.1
Have had this wc3 since patch 1.18 so I dont remember were I did get the map from.
Just patched it up now to the newest :p

In the "middle right part" there were ther eis some houses and units I have put up the arena, now im trying to make a object region thing there.

http://www.mapgnome.org/map-info/328767 is the map I use atm

Level 13
oh...looks like you might've got the one made by modestasses or whatever the heck his crazy name is. on epicwar.com i saw the 2.4 version, but not a 2.1 version. perhaps you can use the pastebin feature of this website to upload the map, and then post a link here to the file, so i can access it directly, and get to see any modifications you might've already made to the map, and not have to go searching for the 2.1 version.

edit: oh i see your link now. missed it earlier. uhmm...
you made no changes yet, huh/ just trying to do this thing you want?

what i don't understand is...are you trying to turn the map into a hero arena map or something like that? i'm not familiar with the TD map but i thought in TD you don't fight heroes against heroes.

Level 13
:\ the mapgnome map had an entrance into the graveyard and into the tower area. if you go into the graveyard area every ten seconds will go by where it will remove your hero. i guess it would remove your builder instead if you moved it to there. what is the point of that? i noticed now that the map in the pastebin has those areas blocked off. but i still question the original purpose of the graveyard. it seems bizzare and i don't understand what the point of it is.

Level 2
hehe. the builder wont be remowed there. Have already tried that in a diffrent idea. Just the hero that got totaly removed.

I should just play around then and hope to figure something out. The graveyard is for when one hero is dead, you spawn there as a ghost and can collect wood for 2 or 3 waves.
you dont get any wood nor cash when your dead even tho your towers kill units.
The remaning players get what you would have gotten divided amongst them.

So if all get killed, your game over. A freaking hard TD but fun non the less. have made it twice over may years of trying hehe

Level 13
so basically the main thing you want help with is teleport the units, right? did you even look at the teleporting done by when you step on the beacon that takes you from one area of hero selection to the other?

• enterpowerleft
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters nextleft <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Player 1 (Red) Food used) Greater than or equal to (>=) 0
    • Actions
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of spawnright <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of spawnright <gen>)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
did you notice the above trigger in there?
all things considered...this map has horrible code and recoding it might be a good idea if you plan to make a lot of changes to it.

Level 2
yeah, auto teleport all units after eatch 3'rd lvl to the "arena"
Then get the heroes to become enemies or non alias so they can attack eatchother.
When last man standing, he/she will get 4k gold and all get teleported out again and becomes alive before the next wave starts.

And cheers. Ty so mutch, will look into it. Been watching a movie and having dinner with my gf, so sry for the late reply, and soon going a quick trip to the store.

Level 2
I seem to be to mutch out of this ^^
Did not find "nextleft <gen>" Belive that something I have to create some how in the object editor?

Did not find any player red. only color of player etc.

same with Spawnright. did not find that either

Level 13
those are regions. go to the world editor main map area. go to layer. go to regions instead of doodad, terrain, unit, etc. it's like graveyard is based on a region. nextleft and spawnright those are regions.

it sounds like need to make a trigger that pretty much disables all the timed triggers, or maybe even better, a trigger that disables all the timers. i'm not really sure exactly what the triggers use for spawning, i might look at it later, right now i'm working on something else. when the fight's over, then all the triggers that were disabled can be enabled again.
or if you actually paused timers, you can unpause them.

i think periodic event trigger would need to be disabled because it doesn't run on a timer, just the overall game timer, but now that i think about it, it might be better to use timers for the levels because the fight would probably last for an indefinite period of time. but i do remember a timer box in the top right for rounds so they are probably on timers instead of periodic events, anyways.

i'm not sure how you make allied players enemies and allies again, but i can find out, or maybe someone else already knows. i'll get back to you. for the moment you should probably figure out the teleport thing by youself and then if you feel confident enough you can disable triggers in order to pause the rounds. you'll probably want to check which round it is and see if the round number is divisble by three or something like that...i can explain how to bring up the math for that later, but for now see if you can just try to pause the rounds at any old time and start it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.