1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(Solved) How to get the Ability Level Req and other reqs (with triggers)

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ThisPOT, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    As title says :)

I am trying to fetch Abilities' level and other requirements for a Hero Ability system that I am making.
    The level req is the most important though... Is there any way to do this using custom script?

2. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Anyone please :eek:?

If there is no custom text to do this, maybe someone knows a work around to still get it?

3. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    One can get such things with the new ability instance API. You add the abilityCode to an unit and get the ability of it. Then read the wanted Integer Fields.
    • Set Unit = Bergkönig 0000 <gen>
    • Set Skill = Blizzard
    • Unit - Add Skill to Unit
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Ability: (Unit: Unit's Ability with Ability Code: Skill)'s Integer Field: Levels ('alev'))))
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Ability: (Unit: Unit's Ability with Ability Code: Skill)'s Integer Field: Level Skip Requirement ('alsk'))))
    • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String((Ability: (Unit: Unit's Ability with Ability Code: Skill)'s Integer Field: Required Level ('arlv'))))
    • Unit - Remove Skill from Unit

There is also the Option to use something triggerhappy discovered in 1.29: Dynamically Retrieve Object Editor Fields That does write and read Tooltips using the object Editor field reference system.

4. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am trying your suggestion right now, will let you know how/if it worked :)... Ty!

EDIT: I think I need a little more guidance if that would be ok my friend...

Here I presume I just add the ability as usual, the unit the needs the ability?

What do you mean by get the ability of it? I only know how to refer to abilities, not abilities of a specific unit?

That, yes :).... But I don't understand how I am supposed to get there hehe...

I guess If you could break down how you made that I would probably understand:
    • Display to (All players) the text: (String((Ability: (Unit: Unit's Ability with Ability Code: Skill)'s Integer Field: Levels ('alev'))))

I get what we are trying to do here, I just don't understand the steps to take within the string converted to integer

Your help is much appreciated, and I will give credits in the new system I am releasing!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  5. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The new ability instance api reads data of an ability beeing obtained by one specific unit. Thats why one needs an unit that has an unmodified version of it, hence one adds the ability to some random dummy unit.
    After one added the Ability to the dummy unit one loads the ability object beeing owned by that unit of the wanted abilitycode here (Blizzard).
    Having that ability object now one reads the Integer Fields of it.
    Levels ('alev')
    Level Skip Requirement
    Required Level

At last we remove the ability from the dummy again.

• Actions
      • Set Unit = Some Unit
      • Set SpellCode = Blizzard
      • Unit - Add SpellCode to Unit
      • Set Spell = (Unit: Unit's Ability with Ability Code: SpellCode)
      • Set LevelReq = (Ability: Spell's Integer Field: Required Level ('arlv'))
      • Set LevelSkip = (Ability: Spell's Integer Field: Level Skip Requirement ('alsk'))
      • Set Levels = (Ability: Spell's Integer Field: Levels ('alev'))
      • Unit - Remove SpellCode from Unit

6. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Any way you could upload a test map with those triggers xD?

Thanks for all this, and sorry for not getting it faster, I tend to block sometimes not sure why (maybe I'm 1/2 retarded).

7. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Here you go. It has some changes cause one has to type raw ids like AHbz, AHhb or AHtc

Attached Files:

8. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmmm it's telling me I'm unable to load that file, it says:

- Level info data missing or invalid

9. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Are you on Warcraft 3 Version 1.31?

10. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ah damn no, I'm on 1.30... I have no access to Bnet though right now, will try finding a patch somewhere and then I'll try it again.

11. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You could also test this stuff from triggerhappy which should work from 1.29.

12. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am 100% GUI, never done Jass (besides some very few basic things) so I prefer your method if possible ^^.
    If I can't find a patch I will try to do it his way tho.

EDIT: Reinstalling the game lol...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  13. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Holy crap, this new editor is nice at first glance xD.... This is working perfectly, thanks so much!

14. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It seems like the Level Skip Requirement always returns 0?
    Is this a bug that will "soon be fixed" or is it just for me that it isn't working?

• Set TPHAS_Integer_B = (Ability: (Unit: TPHAS_Unit's Ability with Ability Code: TPHAS_Ability)'s Integer Field: Level Skip Requirement ('alsk'))

15. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yeah sadly not all fields are working correcty, currently.