• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Snow on buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,
I reckon that this idea would make warcraft 3 a lot better to play because it would look better and make the game a bit more interesting.
I think that when you build a building on ground that is snow, or if there is snow falling onto a building, the building should get some snow on the roof and around the base of the structure.
This happened on Age of empires II and i think it even happened on warcraft 2, but it would look twice as good on warcraft 3 with the better graphics and the camera Manoeuvrability.
If anyone can make a mod or something to create this then by all means go for it.
thanks.

Level 6

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want this? I know it'd look cool and all, but what is the main purpose YOU would want it? You really got me wondering about this idea of yours. I can't make this, but I just wanted to ask...

Kamikazzee

Level 6
Yeah..

Okay, reasonable enough. Good idea, and I bet someone might take your idea and make it. This is really a worthwhile idea for any skinner/modeler to do, so if anyone wants to do it, so be it. If not, then so be it also. Either way, I like this idea... even though I'm not sure if any results will come from it. :wink:

Kamikazzee

Level 25
Too much work

You can't tell how long snow has been falling, cept by making an animation on the thing where it slowly changes into another skin and make it start at the begining of the map

No really, you'd need about 200 skins to get this effect to work and if the map goes on long, then the entire thing would loop itself

Status
Not open for further replies.