• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Snippet] Stun Event

Level 17
A stun is a point-order event, and what you have is a target-order event.

When you pause an unit or stun it, the unit get the same order, but it's a point-order when you pause it (don't remember if the target point was null or not but the coordinates are 0,0 : the center of the map).
And when the unit get stunned it's a widget-order event, if i remember correctly the target is the widget which has directly stunned the unit (like an orc ward made with a shaman spell, or the caster if the spell is direct like the ones with the human hero : moutain king)

But this special order is cool when you want to forbid an order an keep the previous no-target one (like holdposition) :

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1866690-post358.html

Level 17
I actually think stun event is still useful.
I disagree.

For example, you could easily argue that only detecting the first stun on a unit is smart since the unit is already stunned, thus can't respond to further stuns =).

Again, any concrete example ?
The only use i can see is to do something when a stun ability occurs, so it's not enough, plus if the event fired each time that wouldn't be a problem, that's not like you can't easily link a boolean or an integer to an unit.
In fact that's why i've never submitted a such thing, the only valid way is to make all stun abilities with triggers.

However, this wouldn't be useful for like passive abilities that do something when a unit is stunned =(.

Yep and actually that would be the only one useful case.