• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Snippet] Day/Night Event

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
It's Azlier's DayNightEvent, so just ask him to update it. If he doesn't want to, that's his decision, but I want his thoughts on this. Personally, I don't like it.

1. Useless to declare a local unit.
2. You null that but not the trigger (nulling the trigger will be nice)
3. WorldBounds... why not use SetUnitPosition(100000, 100000)?
4. EVENT_DAY() and EVENT_NIGHT() is sloppy. Use GetDayEvent() or GetNightEvent() instead so it's not spaghetti code.
5. Again, just ask Azlier to update his.

Level 31
->Again, just ask Azlier to update his.

I've only had bad luck with asking people to update their scripts. I've been ignored 100% of the time. You ask can him if you like, but my policy is now start new thread and link to original submission, and that policy is never ever going to change.

He had plenty of time to update it on his own and he didn't bother to do it, so I did it (primarily because I needed it for a script).

edit
updated

Level 8
I'd allow this considering I haven't updated in a very long time, and I doubt I ever will. So much to do, so little time.

He even gave credit and everything, there's no reason for me to demand this be thrown out. Besides the fact there's no credit for using Jesus4Lyf's original method (which I'm fairly sure I had originally).