• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

SNES-like combat system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
: I made a post like this called "Advanced Spawn System" but it never worked, so I decided to change all the bases of the initial thread, and it's equivalent to doing a different post, this is more than a Spawn System, that's why I called it 'Combat System'. Excuse me if I broke any rule.

I'd like to ask you to help me doing this:

As you know, most RPG in SNES have a "World Map", and the Hero walks around and randomly gets into combat with random units from that area, but that combat takes place in a different screen. This screen has the enemy units, the player units, and the console to select the commands, etc. (Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Lufia, etc., they're all the same). The combat also takes place in a theme like the one you are standing it in the World Map. If you are in a beach, the combat scene looks like a beach, and so on. When the combat ends, Item and Exp are given, and the unit goes back to where it was in the World Map.

I want to simulate this in Warcraft. (From now on, i'll speak so the dumbest can understand)

In the World Map (Common play map) I made a Wood, but also made a little square in the bottom of the Playable map area with a "Wood theme", this is the "Wood Combat Zone". This area has a Region to move the heroes to, a region to spawn the creeps, and a region to leave that place.

Also in the World Map, made four little regions in the entrance and in the exit (two on each, one for "Enter Wood" and another to "Leave Wood"). When the Unit enters the wood, it's added to "Wood_Group". Every second, there's a 15% chance to engage a combat with "Wood_Creeps". When the units engage in combat, their positions inside the World Map are saved, and they're all moved to random point in 'HeroAppear Wood_Region' (The region in the WoodCombat zone where heroes are supposed to be moved to), and Creeps are spawned at the other side of the small island, in the 'CreepSpawn Wood_Region'. Behind that 'CreepSpawn Wood_Region' is the 'Escape/Exit'. When all the heroes in WoodGroup are in that 'Escape/Exit' region, they're all restored to their original positions in the world map. (Loot system, battle system, etc. are independent of this system, so, I won't discuss these here)

- I need to save the heroes in Wood_Group positions.
- I need to Move those heroes (Referenced from now on as Wood_Group) to random points (one random point for each hero) in bottom side of the Wood_Combat region
- I need to spawn (Random number between 1 and (Number of Units in Wood_Group) x 2)) creeps between lvl 1 and 5 (One spawn point and one random creep per spawn) in top side of the Wood_Combat Region
- I need to restore all Wood_Group units original positions when they all stand in the Exit of the Wood_Combat
- I need to know how to do this with several regions (Woods, Beach, Swamp, Cemetery, City, Mountains, Farm, Desert, etc.)

I'd like to know how you'd suggest me to make this work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.