• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snake V 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Snake V 1.1
Created by SonofJay

Map Info

This is a warcraft mod of the classic game snake. This is on heavy development and I'll make sure to make it bigger and better. But for now I'm uploading it to see what people think about this map.

Features

2 playable terrain(for version 1.0

Screeny Sir

211785-albums5490-picture56976.jpg

211785-albums5490-picture56975.jpg

211785-albums5490-picture56977.jpg

211785-albums5490-picture56978.jpg

Suggestions?

You have suggestions? New Map new game modes? Tell it to me and I will implement it.

Known Bugs

If you press the arrow key repeatedly it will cause bugs because the snake will need to finish all the movements before you gain control.

And also the snake can pass on its body. Not actually a bug.
Also the map is unprotected, but I don't allow any modification on it without my permission.

Changelog

Version 1.0 - Release
Version 1.1 - Added 2 new map, change multiboard name of Forest Map
Keywords:
Snake, mini-game, arena, cellphone, chuck norris favorite game, 3310 game, SIRTech
Contents

Snake V 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Date: 13:14:11 23-Apr-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Rejected 1/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Rejection Reasons: Map has low quality terrain! Map triggers are bad (Broken, leaks, not optimized)! Useful...

M

Date: 13:14:11 23-Apr-12
Map Moderator: -Kobas-
Map Status: Rejected 1/5
Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!

Rejection Reasons:
Map has low quality terrain!
Map triggers are bad (Broken, leaks, not optimized)!

Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Need help with triggers/memory leaks? Make a thread in the Triggers & Scripts Section.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section.
Got any Requests (Terrain, resources, spells, systems, loading screens...)? Make a thread in the Requests Section.
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: I told you about borders.

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

First off, I really want to thank you for making SIRtech Industries bigger. Really proud of you.

The name said it to itself, Snake. The snake game that became widely popular minigame, while it might sound too generic even for WC 3. Sonofjay implemented terrains to keep it fresh, with 4 playable grounds but only 2 as of now. Snake plays off slow then you'll have a long chain length the further you eat points. While it lacks certain things that you should be seeing on a minigame, like the scoreboard, it is still quite fun to play. There is a bug though, by you reach 9 eatened orbs, it would stop to spawn. This feels annoying really.

Here's some suggestions:
>Add scoreboard for point tracking.
>Fix said bugs.
>Add momentarily bonus points like on the Snake games.
>Lastly, add SIRtech Industries banner to loading screen to give it more... SIRtech charm. ;)
That's it for now, no rating given from me till its fixed.

Level 28
@Ken, thank you very much for the good review, I'm working on some new features on it, but still can't say what will be implemented, as of now I'm experimenting on many things, like more obstacles, and adding more difficulty on the game.

Oh and on version 1.1 it already have 4 playable grounds, on next version I'll add 4 more. :D

Level 12
Some Suggestions:

Game Mode
Maybe you could implement several game modes? Such as a timed mode where snakes have to gather as many points as possible before the timer runs out, or an arcade more where the snake just eats as much as possible before it simply dies? Be creative on this one. A story mode, where the snake has to pass through different terrains would also be great.

Items
You could call it power-ups. Whatever. Perhaps the points gathered could be spent to unlock a new scenario? Or to have a new head start at the beginning of the next game?

Multiboard
Essential. Keep a total record of all the points gathered. Maybe number of deaths and games played.