• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Smart shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey!
I wanna make special shop...a "smart" one.
Let's say:
We got 2 classes of heros: class A & class B (ex. rogue, warrior)
We got shop with 4 items available. 2 for each class.
I want to do sth like that:
Class-A-guy checks out shop. He sees 2 items for him (active buttons) & 2 unavailable items, which says "class-b-guy item" and have disactive buttons. (DISBTN)

Do i need some triggers for it to see what type of unit comes and what items need to be made unavailable for this unit? OR maybe there's far easier way to go??

Level 3
oh my god...i totally forgot about that xD

thx man...i'll see, if i can get it to work

Level 3
i think it works for unit-types and levels
but can there be a skill-level restrictment?

Level 19
i think it works for unit-types and levels
but can there be a skill-level restrictment?

Well, if you want an item to have skill requirements it's impossible to do it instant, like that. I think it will be possible if you trigger it. You create a new upgrade with the name of the skill and add it to the item requirements, set the upgrades (skill) required level when you can buy the item.

And then with help of triggers you can upgrade your players upgrade when you learn and upgrade your heroes skill.

• Upgrade Skill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Blizzard to ((Current research level of Blizzard for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 1) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
[Trigger is untested but should work]

This is a VERY simple trigger and it could be done in an easier way instead of creating a new trigger for each skill, try do it in a way like this. :)

Level 1
Hey!
I wanna make special shop...a "smart" one.
Let's say:
We got 2 classes of heros: class A & class B (ex. rogue, warrior)
We got shop with 4 items available. 2 for each class.
I want to do sth like that:
Class-A-guy checks out shop. He sees 2 items for him (active buttons) & 2 unavailable items, which says "class-b-guy item" and have disactive buttons. (DISBTN)

Do i need some triggers for it to see what type of unit comes and what items need to be made unavailable for this unit? OR maybe there's far easier way to go??

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.