• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] Slow Motion Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I have a trigger which gives exp to player red. This is only for testing purposes. For some reason the trigger, if spammed, causes the game to enter a "slow motion" state. Units move and attack slower. Cooldowns are slower and my game countdown timer counts slower than seconds. I've only tested this in single player.

I originally thought it was because of the memory leak as shown in the trigger:

• Experience Old
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -exp as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add 100 experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
However, the problem still arose after I fixed the memory leak as shown below:

• Experience
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -exp as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • (Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to WorldEdit
    • Actions
      • Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 1 (Red))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Add 100 experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)
Whats going on? The trigger is spammed until my unit hits level 6. Its maybe run about 12 times or so. And Its causing Warcraft 3 to go into slow motion?

Level 10
Sometimes, the Game Speed will auto modify when the game is lagging.
Add this action to the end of your trigger but I don't guarantee it works or not
:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:
[Trigger=Game Speed Trigger]Game Speed
Actions
Game - Set game speed to Fastest[/Trigger]

Level 16
Maybe the game speed is being altered while you spam the command. This can be done via +/- keys in singleplayer if I recall.

That would make sense. Since I type "-exp" really fast, maybe I sometimes hit the "-" button before I press enter. This might be causing the game speed to slow down. I will be careful to not do that and see how it goes.

Try to set TempGroup to all units on map and use if then else to check if the unit belongs to player 1.
And check if the unit is a hero of course.

Even if it leaks, it shouldn't cause my computer to slow down. I have a fast computer, so 12 unit group leaks shouldn't slow the comp. I have made previous maps with plenty and plenty of leaks and it eventually causes lag, but not a slow down. This is definately not lag I'm experiencing.

Edit: Yep doctor was right. I was accidently hitting the "-" button before I pressed enter due to me spamming "-exp" fast. Just a silly mistake, I didnt even know you could slow the game speed down without triggers. Thanks for your help every1.

Status
Not open for further replies.