• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Slight Suggestion Regarding Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I see so many requests that obviously have not read the stickies at the top that say READ BEFORE POSTING.
I thought of a feasible solution that saved a lot of newbies from embarrassment.
When you click the "New Thread Button", it will link you instead to said stickies, which possibly could be merged (the how to improve your chances, and the read before posting), and then at the bottom there would be a link to the REAL new thread. Sort of like a terms of agreement or whatever.
I think this will get some newbies to actually read, for I think they don't post bad requests out of arrogance, but rather ignorance, as I think they just don't see the stickies. If they are forced to even acknowledge the existence of them, then I think a few might read them, and then, if people continue to make bad requests, then since they didn't even bother to read the rules they knew were there, we could start enforcing negative reputation.
We could always try it, if bad requests still are made, then I guess we could just ditch the idea, but I think its worth giving it a shot. I'm just tired of seeing 1 sentence requests that say "I want ____".
--donut3.5--

Level 32
I do believe that this has been (informally) discussed in the past.

It's very possible that Ralle could develop vBulletin scripts that would do exactly as you've suggested, either under our present environment or through the use of vBAdvanced (an upgrade that is presently under consideration).

We will have to await his opinion to see if he finds it desirable. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.