• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sleep/Rest Spell (Simple Dummy Question)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Honestly, i am a noob at WC3:WE so just asking
So the skill is based on Rejuvenation as it is a HoT that regenerates both Mana and Health ^^
I want it to also make the unit sleep as well. And also remove the HoT when the targeted unit is awakened(Ill do this after the sleep). So i tried testing out "dummy" units. This is my first time trying out a dummy unit for multiple buffs anyways. So yea, it doesn't seem to work and the dummy doesn't spawn at all. I already gave the dummy both Locust Ability and Sleep. :wink:
45539472.png

Sorry if it's in IMG. I don't know how to work the
  • thing.
  • Solved on Second Post ^_^
  • [quote]"Target point of issued order" is probably the problem here.
  • That points to where you ordered a unit to walk/attack, use "Target Point of Ability being Cast"
  • For the condition, set "Ability being cast equal to ..."[/quote]

Last edited:
Level 28
"Target point of issued order" is probably the problem here.
That points to where you ordered a unit to walk/attack, use "Target Point of Ability being Cast"

For the condition, set "Ability being cast equal to ..."

Also, use a TempLoc variable to remove the leak, leaks will decrease the rating of maps.
(Leak info: "Things that Leak"

Also note that you must set the targets for the dreadlord sleep-spell to "friendly" (or something like that), otherwise it won't cast it on your unit.

For the trigger thing:
Just use "Copy as text" and then paste it in the chat-box.
The spaces should be set like this: ("1 space" means "1 space in front of the text")

Actions (no space)
Action - do action (1 space)
Loop Action (1 space)
Do loop action (2 spaces)

that looks like this:
  • Actions (no space)
    • Action - do action (1 space)
    • Loop Action (1 space)
      • Do loop action (2 spaces)

Level 9
First of all dont use a wait if you dont have to. Instead of the wait and the kill last created unit use:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
This kills the unit aftwer 1 second and you dont have to use a wait.:thumbs_up:

Then dont create the unit at a the point of abiltiy being cast if you based the spell Rejuvenation. Create it on the positon of the unit which casts the spell.

This should work.(maybe there is also abug at the abiltys like apocalypse said)

Level 5
Thanks so much Apocalypse :D
You have actually fixed my first attempt to make a spell be involved in triggering! Now i can "make" my own spells that aren't really in the game ^_^ Yehey~! Custom Spells!

Thanks for the tip Slayer. Since I just figured this out, I'm probably gonna make allot of spells out of this knowledge O_O Hahahaha.

+Rep to both of you ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.