• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skins In world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everyone

I am new to using the world editor I have no idea how to use it but I am trying to find the skins for the female demon hunter and apply them to the DH as well as have her appear permenantly in the metamorphed state how would I go about doing this in the newbiest of ways?

Level 6
man i'm having the hardest time finding that model. i wonder if it Bliz cut it from their release, they probably didn't have a great way to implement and maintain it. you're talking about this right?

have you ever seen it in a custom game?

You'll have to in the Model File selection bit select the custom path bit and type in:

Units/NightElf/HeroFemaleDemonHunter/HeroFemaleDemonHunter

I think that should work.

Then if you go to the required animation tags and add one thats called 'alternate' she'll be permanently metamorphosised.

Level 1
You'll have to in the Model File selection bit select the custom path bit and type in:

Units/NightElf/HeroFemaleDemonHunter/HeroFemaleDemonHunter

I think that should work.

Then if you go to the required animation tags and add one thats called 'alternate' she'll be permanently metamorphosised.

okay I got the skin working, how do I find the animation tag? Because I looked down the entirety of where the model file is and when I copied that I was looking for animation and I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Level 6
Hey Footman, do you also know what the Icon's custom path would need to be? And does there need to be a custom path for her voice files as well? It's so frustrating they didn't just put her in a more easily accessible area.

Edit: I'm a moron when it comes to voice files, it was RIGHT THERE I just passed by it. As for the paths for these units I just used Goffterdom's amazing guide on all the hidden materials he has found so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.