• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skins for Metroid:SfS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You may have heard of my map in progress already, but if not, here's where you can find tons of information about it:

Metroid: Search for Samus forum at wc3modforge:
http://www.sgtamods.com/wc3modforge.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=392

Metroid: SfS thread at wc3c
http://www.wc3campaigns.com/thread_view.php?t=65520

I've already done tons of skins, and have managed to reduce my requests to this small list. Some of them I only need an image, and I can put it in the right skin format and everything myself. Skinning experience is pretty much mandatory for the others, but skinning talent is... a bonus =]

-= Sidehopper =-

It uses a custom model that's already in the map, it looks like the battle golem without a torso or head. The best reference pictures there are the ones in the bottom-right of the pic. The top-right pic just shows what colours to make it, and sort of where the eyes go. This one's probably the most challenging to make it look good.

Path: "Units\Creeps\GolemStatue\GolemStatue.blp"
sidehopper1cq.jpg

-= Zoomer =-

A pretty simple skin for the giant turtle. The top-right pic shows the colours I want it, except the cyan/blue on the spikes should be team colour. There's also an invisible part on the jaw to seperate the pincers. If it looks anything like the pics on the bottom, I'll be happy.

Path: "Textures\GiantSeaTurtle.blp"
zoomer2vq.jpg

-= Space Station =-

In the opening cinematic for the demo, it shows your ship flying towards a distant space station (which is actually a small 2d pic). I'll need somebody to design/draw the station. Just a 128x128 tga would be good, and I can shrink it to the right size and everything from there. As for what it looks like, pretty much anything would be good, as long as it's not flat or wheel-shaped. Prefferably something that's not been done before outside of the metroid universe.

This screenshot shows a closeup of the station with your ship entering it - the drawing would borrow the colour and possibly texture from the screenshot, but it's too small to actually include in the drawing.
02outsidestation5ad.jpg

And some that I've started/finished and need improving:

-= The Interface =-

I made a pretty good interface, but I'm not very happy with the textures, and it looks kind of cheesy with the full screen. If some one could make it look more realistic, maybe a bit grittier, and less blurry, it would be a huge improvement. I can send either a PSD or a TGA of the entire skin.

-= Torizo =-

I'm almost done a simple version of this skin, with everything in place and some blurry details. It's unfinished and looks awful, and I'll need help with the details and textures. Again, I can send either the PSD of TGA, and the details can be added on from there.

Level 2
Why the :roll:? Is it nice? Is it not nice? Ah well, no matter, I don't like it much anyways...

I love that map!
If you've already played a decent version of it, it must be a different map, but thanks =]

If you want to do one of the partially made skins, just tell me which one and I can PM the file. As for the models, there's only one I need right now, and it's mostly animating and stuff (almost no actual modelling). Here's the request for the samus/power suit animations:
...If at all possible, the 'stand', 'stand ready', 'walk', and 'attack' animations should be saved from the old model. If the animations cannot be retrieved and need to be redone (hopefully in a way that takes up less space), that's ok too. The morph ball is also part of that model and I don't know what happens to it in 3dsmax, but hopefully the old one can be used. If the bones are also lost, they would need to be redone as well =(

First of all, the scale of the model needs to be 70%-100% bigger, so the effects attached to it are the right size.

And now, the big scary list of animations:

Walk - (same as before)
Stand - (same as before)
Stand Alternate Fifth (not quite sure how to name this one) - Standing upright with gun facing down (like when Samus faces the camera in the 2d games). Used for saving, etc. It plays ONLY when triggers tell it to.
Stand Ready - Holding arm cannon. (same as before)
Attack - Same as previous, but with some kickback. (same as before)
Death - Just dissapearing after half a second would be ok.
Morph - Quickly curls up a bit, used for morphing into a ball, crouching, AND jumping.

Jumping animtations:

Stand Walk Alternate Second (or something like that) - Plays this animation ALL THE TIME when jumping. (When you're jumping, you morph into a different unit.) Basically the model is curled up into sort of a ball, and slowly spinning forward.
Morph Alternate Second (Optional) - Landing a jump, should be a very short animation. Quickly uncurls, feet land on ground, etc.

Ball animations:

Stand Alternate Third - Ball sitting on the ground. (You can remove the particles for all these animations if you want)
Walk Alternate Third - The ball spins around =O (same as before)
Morph Alternate Thrid - Quickly unculs into a standing position, the ball just dissapears.

Crouching animations:

Stand Alternate Fourth - Crouching on one knee, gun not pointed upright. (You can't shoot when you're crouching)
Morph Alternate Fourth (Optional) - Standing up from a crouch.

Attachment points:

Don't worry, it's almost over! Here are the attachment points I need on it:

origin
overhead
head
chest
weapon
foot, left (only needed when standing)
foot, right (only needed when standing)

When you turn into a ball, all the attachment points (except for origin and overhead) should go to the centre of the ball.

I'm probably getting a little too hopeful right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.