• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

skins and credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi, please if you understand me, can tell me what is the credits, in the model a is writting, if you use this model, give me a credit, and i dont know what is this credits :vw_sad:.
And second question: How I can do, the 2units, with 2skins and 1model?
example: i have a normal grunt,and normal skin, but i want him and i want the other grunt but else skin, i dont want the destroy old normal skin, a want new and old skin.
Thank you, and I am sorry for my english

Level 22
I'm not sure what you're asking here. You give credit to someone to acknowledge the work he or she has done for your project.

About your second question:

1) Open the Grunt model with Magos Model Editor (search for the model in Warcraft III's MPQ).
2) Rename the custom skin.
3) Import the renamed skin with the Model Editor (Texture Manager).
4) Apply the skin to the Grunt model (Material Manager).
5) Save the model.
6) Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the Grunt's portrait.
7) Import the model, portrait, and skin in World Editor.
8) Save map.
9) Restart map.
10) Done.

sPy

sPy

Level 21
hi, please if you understand me, can tell me what is the credits, in the model a is writting, if you use this model, give me a credit, and i dont know what is this credits :vw_sad:.

Giving credits means you giving thanks to someone after they helped you. For example, let's say you downloaded a model that was made by General Frank, then you should thank him.

MORE ABOUT CREDITS, CLICK HERE

Level 2
thanks

ok thanks for answer, now i know what is the credits, but Ramza, where is the grunt model? i dont know where is save these models

Level 2
Level 3
first import the texture to the texture manager, then ctrl-click the part of the model u want to apply texture to, then open material manager in magos, you will see one material highlighted. double click and change the texture that material is using to the imported one, then save the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.