• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Skin & Icon request] Blackrock Orcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

I've got a simple request. I need reskin of certain Fel Orc units, making them Blackrock orcs, that is gray-skinned ones. I could theoretically use red, fel orcs to represent them, but it's not appropriate I think as I would like to make my Dark Horde (composed in large part of Blackrock and Dragonmaw orcs, but not exclusively) as close to lore as it's possible.

I would want request of this units:
- Fel Orc Peon
- Fel Orc Grunt
- Fel Orc Rider
- Fel Orc Warlock
- Fel Orc/Orc Blademaster

Also, I'm in the process of gaining permission from authors of this models:
- Fel Orc Lancer
- Fel Orc Warlord
- Fel Orc Bone Collector
If I'll gain permissions, is there anybody willing to do reskin of said models?

I would also like to make request for icons of said units.

Level 4
I'm not entirely sure what do you mean by this, but if you want to help you're really welcome.

Level 25
Here's what I've done with the grunt so far:
150077-albums4247-picture84105.png

Would you prefer if I redid the armor as well into something more Blackrock-esque, or should I just move on to the next one?

Level 4
Well now that looks just awesome, thank you very much! If you could also edit his armor to fit Blackrock style more, as you said, it would be really great.

Level 25
Yeah, the eyes were inspired by those of Rend as well as several other Blackrock orcs throughout Azeroth. I was planning on making it a unique feature for the Grunt, though. Speaking of which, here's an update:
150077-albums4247-picture84185.png

I think the armor design turned out okay-ish. There isn't much official artwork for Blackrock orcs, and their armor is kinda random in WoW, so I had to sort of improvise along the way.
Anyway, unless you're unhappy with the design, the only thing I need to figure out now is the color scheme. I came up with two variations, but it could be neither. Tell me what you think.

Level 4
First one, that is this on the left side, is really, really good. I always imagined Blackrock orcs as heavy-armored, in darkiron plates, left one skin is closer to my vision, but both are neat. As I must choose, I choose obviously this more black-ish. Also, I think his skin could be just a little bit lighter gray. But that's only a suggestion.

Level 25
Aight, black one it is. It was my favourite as well. Honestly, I don't really wanna touch his skin too much. How about I make the next one lighter? That way there's also some variation in their skin color.
Figured I'd upload it then, unless you have any last minute objections.

Level 2
Guys are you finished becose i need Black Orcs to so I woud like link to download models

Status
Not open for further replies.