• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Skill work Day / night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I already asked how to make skill work at day or night and someone told me about spell book. ok i made that spell book but i don't know how to make skill work at day or nigh i tried to do triggers but don't work :/
  • Shadows day
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Shadows Night from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add Shadows Day to (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Picked unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit))
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 2)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Picked unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit))
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 3)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
  • Shadows Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Shadows Day from (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add Shadows Night to (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Picked unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit))
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 35.00% transparency
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 2)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Picked unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit))
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Picked unit)) Equal to 3)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 80.00% transparency

Level 29
The ability you put there DOES anything ?
If not, you could just change the vertex coloring without anything else.

Now the reason it doesn't work is that "Set level of bla bla bla to bla bla to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (picked unit))"

You set a level of ability to the level of ability of that unit which you just removed ?

The unit doesn't have the "Shadows(Warden)" ability...

Level 7
I didn't removed any units
this is skill at night
this is skill ad day

Level 7
Still not working i tried to make 1 trigger but still nothing :wsad:
Heres trigger
  • Shadows day night
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (In-game time of day) Greater than 6.00
              • (In-game time of day) Less than 18.00
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Shadows Night from (Matching unit)
              • Unit - Add Shadows Day to (Matching unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Matching unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit))
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Matching unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit))
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Shadows Day from (Matching unit)
              • Unit - Add Shadows Night to (Matching unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Matching unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit))
              • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 35.00% transparency
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Matching unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit))
              • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
            • Loop - Actions
              • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 80.00% transparency
Try look your self i don't understand whats wrong :wsad:

Attachments

• here is map.w3x
    348.8 KB · Views: 58
Level 29
You didn't get me.

You should use picked unit, but here you say "Matching unit... conditions", the unit in the conditions should be Matching Unit.

And why are you using it this way ? (9 spells)

You should just do "In-game time turns to 6 , pick all units matching condition - matching unit's ability Shadows equal or greater then 1, then bla bla bla".

No need to use all this skills.

Level 7
So it should look like this?
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Picked unit) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit))
or like this?
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
or like this?
    • Loop - Actions
      • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
srry but i don't really understand you :wbored:
and if any of there are wrong please tell me how to make them right or just please give me right trigger just download map and change it to work please! I don't want spend all this map creating time on this skill :cry:

Last edited:
Level 29
You should just do

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal or greater then 1)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

No need to use those other 2 abilities.

Level 7
I DONE IT !!!
my problem was: i done everything wrong (almost everything) all i needed to do was 2 triggers like this :
  • Shadows day
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 20.00% transparency
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 3 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 3 for (Picked player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 2)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 40.00% transparency
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night level 3 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day level 3 for (Picked player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 3)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 60.00% transparency
and
  • Shadows night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than 18.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 45.00% transparency
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 3 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 3 for (Picked player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 2)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 65.00% transparency
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night level 3 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 1 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 2 for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day level 3 for (Picked player))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal to 3)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 85.00% transparency
And now I have another problem with another skill but i want just ask is it possible to make when reincarnation is activated in spell book give its cooldown to dummy ability (like bash or something like that) so dummy ability and reincarnation have same cooldown. Is that possible if yes say me how to make it please i really need this one because I'm totally lost here :wsad:

Level 7
Didn't understand the second one, but as I said before, you don't need to use 3 abilities for those "shadows" >.<

Just use the main one >.<
I understand what your saying but i need that my Warden be less transparency
And about second question:
I'll try explaine easy way. I want to make 2 skill that have Same cooldown 1 skill Reincarnation that will be main skill that work and have cooldown and be placed in spellbook 2 skill dummy skill that will look like Reincarnation but don't have same effect (like bash but without bash effect (ability that does not do anything)) and when hero dies Reincarnation will work and hero will revive but then i can see cooldown in my spellbook that i want to disable that i could see spellbook all i want that when reincarnation is activated (hero dies) that dummy ability (bash with reincarnation tootip's etc....) will have same cooldown like Reincarnation have 30 seconds cooldown hero died and i could see that cooldown on bash.
I know i write alot of same things but the point is hero die and i see cooldown on dummy ability is that possible?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can greatly up the efficency by using
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal or greater than 1)) and do (Actions)
as you will not need to make and filter 3 groups containg all units on the map, which can be very costly and also the trigger will be more space efficent.

Even still it will leak 2 BIG groups (each containing every unit on the map) every day which is very bad and will quickly make your map lag if you are not careful. I highly recomend you destroy the groups for the benifit of your map and your future map players.

An even easier way around this is to make a global group that contains only the heroes / units that this affects in it and you use that rather than having to find them each time from all units on the map. This will also remove the need for a test to see if they are the right unit, making it even more efficent. However if this unit / hero is buildable, you have to make sure it is added to the group as they are built / aquired to make sure every single one is affected like desired.

Level 29
You DO NOT understand >.<
Doc, thanks for repeating me lol.

You should just do

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Equal or greater then 1)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

No need to use those other 2 abilities.

And can you tell what you need it for (the second question) because I didn't understand whats the point and whats need to be done.

Level 7
Ok i done it like u told me
  • Shadows day
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadow Strike (Warden) for (Picked unit)))) x 20.00)% transparency
and
  • Shadows night
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadow Strike (Warden) for (Picked unit)))) x 30.00)% transparency
Or i should destroy Player Group too? and just making
  • Player - Disable Shadows Day level 1 for (Picked player))
instead of
or i should make custom script (i don't know anything about this one) ?

And about second is that I'm making hero Vampire and i making skill for him (Immortality) that could work only at night (u know Vampire > Night > Stronger ( :alol: )) so i want that Reincarnation (Immortality) work only at night. now do you understand me? :wbored:

Last edited:
Level 29
1. You STILL didn't get me >.<
You have the main ability right ?
Now you have other two abilities that are called "Shadow Night" and "Shadow Day", do they do something ? they have any effects ? NO.
Thats why YOU DON'T NEED THEM AT ALL.

Use the trigger I gave you omfg !

2. HERE you should use 2 abilities.
One that does nothing but has tool tips that say it works at night or something like that.
And then at night it gives the unit the real ability.

Level 7
1. You STILL didn't get me >.<
You have the main ability right ?
Now you have other two abilities that are called "Shadow Night" and "Shadow Day", do they do something ? they have any effects ? NO.
Thats why YOU DON'T NEED THEM AT ALL.

Use the trigger I gave you omfg !

2. HERE you should use 2 abilities.
One that does nothing but has tool tips that say it works at night or something like that.
And then at night it gives the unit the real ability.

1.Shadow(Warden) is main ability THAT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING (just for tooltip) and Shadows Day / Night is main effect now do you get me ?

If you didn't get me still heres how ability tolltip looks:
Gives a chance to do more damage on an attack and chance to avoid attack.
Day:
Level 1 - 7.5% chance deal 2x damage, 8% avoid attack.
Level 2 - 7.5% chance deal 2x damage, 15% avoid attack.
Level 3 - 7.5% chance deal 2x damage, 23% avoid attack.
Night:
Level 1 - 15% chanse deal 3x damage, 15% avoid attack.
Level 2 - 15% chanse deal 4x damage, 30% avoid attack.
Level 3 - 15% chanse deal 5x damage, 45% avoid attack.

2.And how do i give ability at night ? like with shadows ? and how do i share cooldown with dummy ability and real Reincarnation? is that possible (its impossible for me) ?
All i want to do is make same cooldown for dummy ability and Main ability Immortality(Reincarnation) its all i want to do. I'm making it work same like shadows for warden and it works but i want see cooldown on my dummy ability

Last edited:
Level 7
All players is a player force constant, thus never leaks. Evenstill you preform a lot of un needed filtering and actions but you have to admit that its much better than what you orignally had.

I made a little shorter but more triggers

• Shadows enable disable
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (In-game time of day) Greater than or equal to 6.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day for (Picked player))
        • Else - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day for (Picked player))
  • Day
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Shadows --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 1)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Day for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Night for (Picked player))
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero)))) x 20.00)% transparency
      • -------- Immortality --------
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Immortality (DreadLord) for (Picked player))
  • Night
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Shadows --------
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Shadows Night for (Picked player))
          • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Disable Shadows Day for (Picked player))
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero)))) x 30.00)% transparency
      • -------- Immortality --------
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Player - Enable Immortality (DreadLord) for (Picked player))
I made this Day/night for other skills too so don't have to create more triggers for each skill that i want to work only at night or day.
I don't know how make my learning trigger shorter but i think it's short enough
  • Shadows
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Shadows (Warden)
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Leaving unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Shadows SB to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero))
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero))
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 20.00% transparency
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Shadows SB to (Learning Hero)
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Day for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero))
          • Unit - Set level of Shadows Night for (Learning Hero) to (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero))
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 30.00% transparency
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • (Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Leaving unit)) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero)))) x 20.00)% transparency
        • Else - Actions
          • Animation - Change (Learning Hero)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with ((Real((Level of Shadows (Warden) for (Learning Hero)))) x 30.00)% transparency
And its all working 100% !!

Status
Not open for further replies.