• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill icons with upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Hey folks, there is a resource from XGM i wanted to share with all of you. Not sure wether you guys know about it, but let's give this a shot.

So there was that mad artist-guy who decided to make 3 levels for each of wc3 icons. He did a good job, but nevertheless he did not accomplish making upgrades for all of them. But it's still a decent job and something worthy to check out.

His profile name is Praytic and i belive he tried uploading it here but failed due to the manual nature of THW's icon uploading routine. Maybe a way to upload packs without uploading models or icons should be established. His case gets me to think that such a system is needed on THW.

I think that his work didn't get the attention it deserves. He is awesome and you all should totaly download this pack and use it in your maps. Yay!

Link

Things he did:

preview11.png

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

God, That's some long observation for my eyes >,> Anyway, He's just sick. So sick.. That I could give him all my cash. These guys are pros and he should work for blizzard ^^

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

thank you for sharing this.

EDIT : perhaps a sticky? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
That I could give him all my cash.
You'r welcome!
Some look good but most of them are really blurry, that's because he resized them, edited them in Photoshop too much, meh I guess they could be useful !
Yeah, this effect happened due to large size of the brush I used in photoshop (1 px!). Later icons were made with 0.5px clear brush.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

this awesome resources should get more attention imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.