• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Skill Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi guys!
First post,
i'm just mucking around with the world editor.
and i'm trying to make a combo happen;

Skill 1
(searing arrows used as a melee) called Attack

Skill 2
Same as above, but called Special Attack.

Hero uses Attack (Skill 1) twice, then casts Special Attack (Skill 2). and causes a thunderclap from the hero at it's location.

How would i be able to trigger this?

Thanks for the help :)

P.S sorry, my forums skills aren't very good.

Last edited:
Level 13
you use a variable to count the times Skill 1 is cast, for skill 2 you use only a dummy skill, and when it is cast, check via triggers if the Skill 1-counter is equal to 2 and then give the thunderclap ability to your hero (hidden slot) and order him to cast it. then reset the counter and remove the ability afterwards.

this is just a basic idea and may require some polishing. you probably want to track the variable and reset it also after a given time maybe? also if skill 2 costs mana and has a cooldown, it will still use the mana and go into cooldown even if the counter is not equal to 2.

maybe provide some more information around that

Level 1
Okay.
i think i definitely need to take a step back and understand triggering and all it's words.
I've just guessed it all these years.
I really appreciate your post though, i have an idea of what your talking about, but probably couldn't put it together.
Regular triggering is GUI right?

Status
Not open for further replies.