• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeleton.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
For TEXTURING CONTEST #16 "Nature"

The Keeper of the Rocks ( inspired by the flying rocks in "Avatar) is a giant (tipp:scale to 1.5 or more), defending the nature against enemies and pollution. Once he wakes up from his deep sleep as a couple of stones, nothing can stop him on his way to defend the nature.

This is my third skin, so I would really like to get some tipps of you all out there.

Please give credit if you use, don't change without my permission.
I would be please, if you would send me a link to download the map, if u use this skin:-D

Keywords:
Rocks, Keeper, Skeleton, Nature, Stone, Giant
Contents

Keeper of the Rocks (Texture)

Reviews
17:52, 10th Jan 2010 CloudWolf: Where to start? :S The skin lacks detail, and its a little sore on the eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of it looks like filters, with a bit of hand-shading. The best parts of the texture have got to be the...

M

17:52, 10th Jan 2010
CloudWolf: Where to start? :S The skin lacks detail, and its a little sore on the eyes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of it looks like filters, with a bit of hand-shading. The best parts of the texture have got to be the face and the shield, however, the body/legs just look like a mess :S

Overall, this skin needs a lot of work before it can be approved. However, you do show potential :) Its probably worth checking out a few of the skinning tutorials in the texturing forum.

13:15, 24th Jan 2010
CloudWolf: I'll set this to "Rejected Until Fixed" until you have time to update it :)

Level 23
Sorry but the rocks arent freehand. You used the sky filter.

No, it's true, that I took a look at a filter before, but I then tried do redraw it, by the way, a very stupid work, to change colour after every little brush.

Thanks for the comments so far: but how do i get more definition into it? It seems to me, as if it's automatically gets blurry when I put it on the mod?!!

No, it's true, that I took a look at a filter before, but I then tried do redraw it, by the way, a very stupid work, to change colour after every little brush.

Thanks for the comments so far: but how do i get more definition into it? It seems to me, as if it's automatically gets blurry when I put it on the mod?!!

i dont belive at all that that was freehanded. it is in fact the sky filter.
and the definition of definition happens to be something that can clearly be seen and is defined so that the veiwer can tell whar exactly it is youve drawn. in this skin i cant tell what the heck is going on with the red and the green. so it needs to be defined to everyone can tell what it is rather than random dot scribbles. there is nothing else that can be said about this skin other than it is messy and very undefined. so dont blame the site for its low quality when it is in fact, of low quality itself.

i dont belive at all that that was freehanded. it is in fact the sky filter.
and the definition of definition happens to be something that can clearly be seen and is defined so that the veiwer can tell whar exactly it is youve drawn. in this skin i cant tell what the heck is going on with the red and the green. so it needs to be defined to everyone can tell what it is rather than random dot scribbles. there is nothing else that can be said about this skin other than it is messy and very undefined. so dont blame the site for its low quality when it is in fact, of low quality itself.

I'd disagree, this is highly defined work.. buuut.. the only problem is that it's defined in a way that it doesn't make sense D:

next time you define things, please follow the original anatomy lines of the texture.