• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single Target Channeling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to make a single target channeling spell and I want to know what I should use for the ability that is just for show?

I tried life drain and Aerial Shackles, but they don't work because drain needs to have damage to work and Shackles is like a stun. Anyone know a better one I can use?

Level 3
XelNaga I don't think that's the best idea. Blizzard made the ability Channel after all. And Keiga, just make the dummy ability based on channel. Channel's purpose is doing nothing. But it's perfect for dummy spells. Let me explain its options :
Code:
Data - Art Duration : this is the duration of the "eye candy".
Data - Base Order Id : channel is the only spell with the option to change it's id. This options allows the same unit to have multiple spells based on channel. You just have to change the id.
Data - Disable Other Abilities : just like Bladestorm. It disables the unit's command buttons.
Data - Follow through time : the duration of the channeling. Note : if you set it to 0 it will channel forever. So if you don't want channeling set it to 0.01 . 
Data - Options : There are several fields here. What you need to know is : 
     Visible : The channel icon is usually invisible but if you turn this option on, it can be seen.
     Physical Cast : this means will the spell be counted as a normal spell, or a physical one(ensare for example). If counted as physical it can target spell immunes.
Data - Target Type : Will the spell be instant(like manashield), unit targetable(like stormbolt), point targetable(like blink) and "unit or point" targetable(like shockwave).
Data - Area of Effect : if the channel is point or "unit or point" targetable, you can adjust its area of effect with this.
You surely know what the other options do.

Dr Super Good : not ideal channel ? Finger of death and complex triggers ? You dissapointed me. And btw finger of death can target buildings and spell immunes if you don't modify it. Haven't you ever noticed the channel ability when creating abilities or under Neutral Hositle - Hero ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes I did notice it just I never knew what the purpos of it was untill now.

FOD can be made into a channel spell but it would a herculian task.

I reccomend that you go with channel.

Note: Not that im a usless triggerer just that I do not speccilize on channeling target spells thus I never looked for the ideal ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.