• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simplifying the real values

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi! I currently work on floating texts to show information to the player. The problem is, when I display the real valuables that are something like 3.25, 4.17,... the system always add unnecessary 0s to them (for example 3.25000, 4.17000). I want to know the way to get rid of these 0s, so that when the value is displayed, it only shows 3.25 instead of 3.25000, for example)

Level 39
I presume it uses the same number of digits after the decimal place each time, so you can just subtract off the last 4 characters of the string with a SubString() call:
  • Set YourStr = String(number)
  • Set YourStr = SubString(YourStr, 1, (Length of YourStr) - 4)

If it's not always 6 digits past the decimal you can do this: Multiply the numbers by 100, convert them to integers, then to strings, and then insert a period 2 characters from the end:
  • Set YourReal = 1035.2985
  • Set YourStr = String(Integer(YourReal x 100.00))
  • Set Len = Length of YourStr
  • Set YourStr = SubString(YourStr, 1, Len-2) + "." + SubString(YourStr, Len-1, Len)
This will fail if the absolute value of YourReal is less than 1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.