• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Watch Tower

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Simple watch tower, done by request. Hope you will find it useful. It is simple, and it is just decoration, so no I am not going to make animations. Hope you will like

Keywords:
tower, scout, watch, wood, wooden, building, terrain, hammerfist
Contents

Simple Watch Tower (Model)

Reviews
Misha 27th May 2013 Moderator's Review: think you need some other texture for the sides of the platform, probably the one that shows it's made of planks, or maybe the one that has something like a metal brace around. same is for the top of...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
27th May 2013
Moderator's Review:

think you need some other texture for the sides of the platform, probably the one that shows it's made of planks, or maybe the one that has something like a metal brace around. same is for the top of those little top pillars. The next thing is that you don't really need top or bottom polys of the big pillar and it's side-supports, that is not going to be seen ingame, kinda the same for the bottom part of the little top pillars. next.. the sides of your pillars have the highlights facing downward instead up upward, which makes it wrong and there's stretching of the texture on them, making them pretty blurry.. maybe you could tweak them with a few more polys and a rewrap, probably a wood type change as well. aaand lastly, those lill top pillars are not aligned to each other

Roland

R

Roland

It will easily be cut off by the enemies and a single damage of its pillars xD Anyway, Fix it immediately before it gets rejected.

You should add a ladder and more pillars. A tower can't stand on only one pillar.

I will add ladder but not and pillar. I have seen image of this model from other game, and it looks just like this. But yes I will add ladders.

Yes it can be "cut off" fat, because it's purpose is not to defend, then to scout.