• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple trigger question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, i recently started to make a map that need to be like DotA or the great strategy and ofcourse the main thing about those maps is the unit army spawn and move to a certain location while attackking everything
on the way i thought it was simple trigger so i tried to make it...but i failed so i just want to know how u do it

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You could simply order the building to train the unit(s) but this sometimes causes crashes, so you better use Unit-Create (facing angle or point). Let's see... the way of dota goes like this:

X---------------Scourge Base
l
l
l
l
l
Sentinel Base

Create a region at sentinel base, scourge base and point X. So, you create 4 ghouls (for example) at scourge base. Two triggers:

Going to point X

Events:
-A Unit enterers region Scourge Base

Conditions:
-(Entering Unit) is a Hero equal to false
-(Entering Unit) is in units owned by player 1 (red) equal to false)

Actions:
-Order (Entering Unit) to attack-move to Point X

Going to Sentinel Base

Events:
-A unit enters point X

Conditions:
-(Entering Unit) Is a hero equal to false
-(Entering Unit) is in (units owned by plauer 1 (red)) equal to false

Actions:
-Order (Entering Unit) to Attack-Move to Sentinels' Base

Or just create a region near the World Tree and order the units to attack there when they reach point X. I hope this helps. :roll:

EDIT: And obviosly do the same thing for Sentinel.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.