• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Trigger-Enhanced Ability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok, so let's say you make an ability that deals so much damage. And you have this all in the triggers you create, such as having the target of ability's life being reduced by so much. But how do you make it so when you level the ability up, the damage goes up to? Thanks for all the help and I hope I made this understandable.

Level 11
Umm... you want it to do different damage for each level? Ok, here it goes.

Actions
IF - Level of (YourAbilityb) for (Triggering Unit) is equal to 3 then do actions
... spell actions for level three
IF - Level of (YourAbilityb) for (Triggering Unit) is equal to 2 then do actions
... spell actions for level two
IF - Level of (YourAbilityb) for (Triggering Unit) is equal to 1 then do actions
... spell actions for level one

And where the spell actions for level x is, you should put the actions for the x level. This means that if you want for each level to do different damage, you can just change the damage and leave the other actions the same. Moreover, you could try to get a little advanced, and do these IFS only where you should split the damage on levels.

~Daelin

Level 7
Not to say Daelin's method is wrong, but it can cause lag, especially if you plan on having a large number of spell levels, so I suggest(if you want to do some simple math, and if the damage increases by even increments) that you just write up a little equation, for example a spell does 30, 60, 90 damage equation as such (level of ability x 30). And if the damage doesnt go up evenly you can still make an equation, given you can do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.