• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple terrain request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello all,

I have a need for a simple terraining job done, to create an adequate sandbox map for the following tutorial. The map should be medium sized, does not have to contain any special doodads or anything, and in general does not have to be that elaborate. All I ask is for the map to follow these functional specifics:

Splitting the map into 4 quarters, each quarter should be like this:
North East: should contain mostly water, except for a tiny landmass of shallow water in the topmost north eastern corner. How tiny? It should have about enough room for a town hall, and that's it.
South East: should contain mostly shallow water, enough for a base (Naga as you have probably guessed), but not a very big base. This quarter should also contain some elevated land towards the center of the map (i.e. the west part of the SE quarter), slightly forested.
South West: should continue the elevated landmass described above, mostly forested (but keeping enough room for several forces to move around in). Towards the center of the map (i.e. north part of SW quarter) forest should stop giving way to an even more elevated landmass, which will take the most of the last quarter.
North West: should contain mostly said elevated landmass, which should be large enough for a big human base (no need to make a lot of room for a source of wood inside the base itself). Also, the topmost part of this quarter should contain a small stretch of shallow water, giving another point of access into the human base.

If these instructions are not clear, please contact me via PM and I'd be happy to give more details or help with the terraining process a bit. Note that this map is for a tutorial and not a personal project, so please consider helping me with it for the better of the community.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Here:

Attachments

• request_map.w3x
    68.8 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.