• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

--Looking for Terrainer--[Forest of Naturz]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, I'm looking for a good terrainer that could make an epic terrain for this project/map [http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/map-development-forest-naturz-194682/]]

Like you may have noticed ( if you clicked my link ), my project is an AoS Map. That means that I need a map with 3 diferents lanes, shop area and etc.
But now let me describe my "wish" :

General Info

The map is a forest, but i'm not wanting to have a peacefull forest with lovely small crittes and stuff like that. The forest is an acient forest that has been [half] destroyed by a barbarian army. That means that i want a creppy/devasted forest but also a night elf like-forest.

Map Size should have at least 256x192 [ Epic Size ]. It also can be a little smaller or bigger.

The Bases :

Should be located in the
[West and East] .

The Barbarian Base should be a huge rushed constructed barbarian war-encampment somewhere in the devasted part of the forest. Of course it should have the look of an barbarian encampment. The base also needs a shop area where i can place the merchants. As the game objective is to destroy the enemies main building, please also leave place for it. :)
The most important for me in the barbarian base is that it needs to have an war-emcapment look [ hope you guys understand what I'm meaning :/

The Night Elf base should be a Forest Base of a Night Elf Guild/Clan. That means, high defense and nearly impossible to be destroyed. ( Don't exaggerate! :'D ) But remember that Night Elf "love" the forest so it needs to have that "nature-friendly" look! Like the Barbarian Base it also needs an Shop Area and place for the main building.

The Lanes

The north lane should have a high mountain like terrain. The lane also needs to go through 3 conquest-able bases ( See my project for more information ). I've one idea for one of the bases : The base located in near of the barbarian base could be a crystal mine controlled by Kobolds. Well, i haven't any other idea for the other 2 remaining bases so i gonna let you do any base aslong as they fit the lane terrain/theme! :D I also would like to don't just have a straight heading lane heading directly to enemy base. It needs to look realistic and have some space around it for crepps.

The middle lane is/should be a swamp. Again i have ideas for the bases. The base in the near of the barbarian base and the base in the near of the night elf base should be some kind of lookout base/tower/encampment controlled by bandits or skeletons/monsters. And again i don't know what kind of base the middle base should be, so I'm leaving that decision to you ( again xD )

The south lane...Well this is the forest part of the map, in the near of the barbarian base it should be devasted, but as it gets near to the night elf base, it should start looking like a forest again. The base in the near of the barbarian base should be a destroyed night elf village. But there are still (hostile to everyone) elfs that try to defend the village. And now , again ( -.- xD) i don't have any idea so... im not going to say/write that again, you now what I want x)

Important Info / Hints / Warning

As soon as a terrainer appears I'm gonna post/attach the map here, because i don't want to lost the work i've already done. ( Units, Triggers , Hero ,etc.)

While doing the terrain, feel free to change the Tileset, import doodads models or delete any units in the map. Don't worry if your actions disable any trigger, i can just repair/fix them after the terrain is ready.

Hint : There are custom ANIMATED doodads in the map ! Feel free to use them !

If you want more information or just don't understood what i want/wrote, just ask whatever you want here. :)

Good bye for now :D

Last edited:
Level 3
Are you good with triggers? I need a triggerist for my map, and we could exchange help in that way.

Few questions:
1. Is there a time limit on when you would like it completed?
2. I was almost thinking N.lane should be mountains, M. lane should be the forest, S.lane should be the swamp - Make more sense from a elevation point imo. How does that work with you?
3. Are the bases in the corners (like in dota), or literally against the side of the map?
4. Importing doodads?
5. Are the bases suppose to be balanced? Should the Barbarian and NE base be equally defended?
6. Will you be inserting the "main" buildings?
7. Would I have to edit unit values for the towers etc...?
8. Would the lane bases be on the lane path itself? Like will the creeps be traveling into these bases on their way to the enemies encampmant?

I would like to help you out, for I've been working on my map changing unit values around and it's getting old lol. I need a change. If you would like to see a sample of the terrain I have done in my map (used no imporations whatsoever) before you want me to, then I wouldn't mind.

P.S. Do you have vent/skype/a microphone?

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello ^^

Well, I'm good at triggering but im not a pro.

But now let me answer your questions :)

1. Question : "Is there a time limit on when you would like it completed?"

Answer : No, there is no time limit. Just make the terrain and I'm gonna be happy.

2. Question : "I was almost thinking N.lane should be mountains, M. lane should be the forest, S.lane should be the swamp - Make more sense from a elevation point imo. How does that work with you?"

Answer : Nourth Lane = Mountain / Middle Lane = Swamp / South Lane = Forest... Sorry I don't understand what you mean with "How does that work with you?" Im sorry.

3. Question : Are the bases in the corners (like in dota), or literally against the side of the map?

Answer : I actually don't care where the bases are. They just need to be far away from each other. Example : If the Barbarian Base is in the West , the Elf Base must be in the East, do you understand what I mean ?

4. Question : "Importing Doodads?"

Answer : I meaned doodads MODELS with that. :'D

5. Question : "Are the bases suppose to be balanced? Should the Barbarian and NE base be equally defended?"

Answer : Yes, they must be balanced ! However, the barbarian base should just look weaker.

6. and 7. Questions : You just need to make the terrain. I'm gonna make the rest.

8. Question : Yes, the lanes need to be in the lane path or better said, the path must go through those bases, so that the units can conquest it.

Hmmm, about working for you ^^ :

Like I said, I'm no pro, but I know much things about triggers. I would gladly help you with your map. And it would be good to see what you can do before I decide what I'm going to do.

Yes i have a Skype account but I english isn't my mother language, so I cant speak it perfectly. However, I also can speak portuguese and german.

Good Bye :')

Status
Not open for further replies.