• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple special effect request - Blood Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The model for the effect is here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/misile-64973/?prev=search=blood&r=20&d=list&page=2
The plan is to make a blood circle from this model making it so that a few of these models spin in 800 radius from the center, not in too slow and not in too fast speed so that it looks like a full blood circle where the models move in the circle making the blood flow. So basically the blood marks an aoe of 800. The flying height of the effect could be somewhere between 20-50. If you want to see how it looks like it is in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZcREFrrA7k at 1:21, but it needs a few more of that blood model to make a full circle. I had this in my map with a custom spell trigger but turned out the trigger makes the game lag very much so I would appreciate it if somebody could find the time to make this simple effect, you got the model already there.

Level 19
Done.

You can define the AoE, the duration of the spell by modifying the variables in the Map Initialization.

Credits to Devine for his blood missile model :]
Oh cool, didn't think it could be done with so few triggers. What's interesting about this one is that it can move with the unit. Looks like this shouldn't lag, I'll test it later in my map but I doubt it will make a difference. Thanks a lot for the help. I've never used hash but seems it made that a lot easier to do lol.
EDIT: lol it's been ages since I gave reputation and now that I tried it tells me I need to spread reputation before giving it to you again lol xD

Level 19
I tested it in my map and it lags heavily if more than few occur at the same time like with the old spell trigger. Looks like the best solution would be if somebody can make a special effect model like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.