• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple Question from a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey all,
I have a question that makes me feel kinda stupid to ask, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it. I've been re-working the Undead Race into a purely Demon race and have been trying to make a Firebolt spell learnable by my caster unit. I reworked the existing Neutral Hostile firebolt spell, and reworked the Necromancer upgrade in order to teach my unit it. Or rather, that's what I'm trying to do. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. If anyone can help me out, I can apply the concept to the rest of my units, I'm just stumped here.
Thanks!

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It's very simple, in the spell you are making, go to Teachtree-Requirements, and set it to the necromancer upgrade.

Example:

Necromancer's spells:

Unholy Frenzy
Firebolt (requires level 1 upgrade)
Cripple (requires level 2 upgrade)

Firebolt:

Teachtree-Requirements: Necromancer Adept Training
Teachtree-Requirements-Levels: "blank"

For the Cripple, it's simple, you also have to type in Necromancer Adept Training, but add an integer to the Teachtree-Requirements-Levels, named 2, wich means that it needs the second level of that upgrade. Go to the Dispel Magic and Inner Fire (for example), and you will understand everything i'm saying.

-Rui

Level 1
Ok, so let me walk you through exactly what I've done so far and why it isn't working.
Ok, I took the Neutral Hostile unit "Fire Revenant," right clicked it, chose "make new custom unit."
I also took the Neutral Hostile ability "Firebolt" and did the "make new custom ability." I did the same with Immolation and Inner Fire. What I wanted to do was have Inner Fire be the ability it started with, and Firebolt and Immolation be trainable.
I took the Upgrade "Necromancer Adept Training" and used it to make my own custom upgrade. I renamed it "Improved Fire Handling" for ease of finding it and changed the learn icons to Firebolt and Immolation icons respectfully by level.
Ok, Firebolt I renamed "Revenants Firebolt" and set:
Techtree Requirement: Improved Fire Handling
Techtree Requirement Level: 1

Ok, Immolation I renamed "Revenants Immolation" and set:
Techtree Requirement: Improved Fire Handling
Techtree Requirement Level: 2

I set Fire Revenant to be:
Techtree - Upgrades Used: Improved Fire Handling

So I create my unit in the test map. I learn the upgrade... and nothing happens. I've tried doing this while having both "Revenants Firebolt" and "Revenants Immolation" under its "Abilities" section, and while not having those spells there. I don't know what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.