• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple model request (really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need the footman's "walk defend" animation changed, so *his right hand is at his side, and *his left hand is up, like its holding a shield.

I realize that the bandit, and all of its variants, are like this; however, they do not function properly for what I intend to do.

Thank you in advance,
Eric.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

This is why I tell people to (really) not put "Simple" in their thread titles here. Especially if you don't understand what's needed to do what you want.

And in all truth, RDZ is correct.

Level 1
Bulging blood-vessel in your forehead

For someone with the right tools, I'd assume this could take maybe 5 minutes? I don't want the footman properly right handed, I just want that single animation to not be so conspicuously left handed.

It's not that it's tiresome; instead, it is because I want my unit to be historically accurate for what it is. A hoplite would be hung if he were to be seen with his shield in his right hand, and spear in the opposite. Now I've tried transferring the animation I want to the bandit, but it displays it *almost like the bandit has been mirrored?

As far as your responses, perhaps you should be a little more complaisant with your fellow modelers? Being flamed by a moderator was the last thing I expected.

- Eric

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

For someone with the right tools, I'd assume this could take maybe 5 minutes? I don't want the footman properly right handed, I just want that single animation to not be so conspicuously left handed.

Oh yes, for me this could take probably 10, 15 minutes to do properly, but only because of proper tools (max) and experience, which many people at this site do not have. Of course I would need the time, unfortunately for you, I don't.

As far as your responses, perhaps you should be a little more complaisant with your fellow modelers? Being flamed by a moderator was the last thing I expected.

- Eric

As far as this goes, maybe you should look again, I did not flame you, I was just venting about the fact that I'm tired of people saying "Easy request" and the like, because they have no idea if it is easy or not and in most cases, as with this one, it is not. I did not in any way flame you.

Level 1
Notetrack worked for me

After being shot down here, I turned to Google for help. I eventually stumbled upon a link to download Oinkerwinkles NoteTrack.

I've been using Oinkerwinkles tools from the get-go, but I somehow managed to overlook NoteTrack. Well it turns out that after about a day of sifting through bugs I finally got the hang of it. It actually works quite well, once you learn to work around its flaws.

So it turns out that it was very possible, it didn't require animating the footman from scratch, and it is actually pretty simple, once you learn how to do it.

For anyone that needs it, you can find NoteTrack here http://www.oinkerwinkle.com/tools/tutorialpeonwave.html

Level 15
HA ha this is funny
blender has a way to do this in about 1 hour
I might do it BUT
Warblender is a peace of $$$$ and i cant find a tool that will let me convert .mdx to .3ds with animation and bones and back agen
Once that obstical is passed i just need to use BlenderGame and write a python script to make the IPO

and YES i have gmax BUT it dosene't render with VISTA.

DesKaladA, use spellchecker PLEASE. There are many common facts as well as the one that wouldn't allow you to simply import wc3 model in anything other than WARSHAPE, NOTETRACK and 3dsmax WITH ANIMATIONS. Only those animators support importing of mdx/mdl. As Chriz. had stated, you could either take hours with note track,mess with hell buggy warshape, or do it in 3dsmax, and fery few people i know have it.

Level 5
Hm, i know alot of people with 3ds max 4, which is what program was used to create the original wc3 models, i have it too. I would give you a link but i cant be bothered to search 10gzillion pages of google for it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.