• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Dmazzz Spells v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
3 Spells in GUI made by me.
Include:
Soul Explode
Mini Volcano
Piercing Scream

I hope they are good enough and leak less.
They are my 1st spells so they are kinda simple:)

Update1: Updated everything, thanks Roflcopter for all the suggestions!!! Ty to every1, hopefully its fixed now :)

Update 2: Removed leak on Scream. Added a new Spell.(Enraged Regeneration).

Update 3: Thanks Bigapple for helping me with the MUI Mini Volcano!!!

Update: Fixed leaks.

Keywords:
Scream, Soul, Explode, Volcano
Contents

Simple Dmazzz Spells v.1 (Map)

Reviews
4 November 2015 Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. 11:49, 4th Jan 2010 TriggerHappy: Half of these spells are to simple, most use waits and the Jass version of Mini Volcano is poor, stick to the...

M

4 November 2015
Bribe: Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years.

11:49, 4th Jan 2010
TriggerHappy:

Half of these spells are to simple, most use waits and the Jass version of Mini Volcano is poor, stick to the GUI version people.

Level 2
blah!

You need a realy big work to do!

1. Make triggers "Begins and Unneeded" as 1 trigger
2. Use "Game - Display to (All players) for 999999.00 seconds the text: YourText
" instead of repeatable quest-message
3. Change the Event type of trigger "Unneeded Copy 2" to "Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
" - so we can heal and reset cd with ESC
4. Use only one type of variables like tempUnit, tempLoc, tempGroup etc.. etc..
5. Use arrays!
6. Try to remove waits at all coast!
7. Try adding an "Ressurection" script for the test gnolls
8. You can remove the "Unneeded Copy" trigger at all, since the testing hero is level 10 and you already have an trigger for reseting cooldowns

So for the spells:

Piercing Scream:
1. I still don't get why is this 'screamgrp' var, if you use AOE spell?

Soul Explode:
1. Why not remove "Soulintelligence" instead of doing this:
  • Unit - Cause Soulcaster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Intelligence of Soulcaster (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Mind
Mini Volcano:
At all I dont like this spell, you must try to create some kind of effects of volcano, this is kinda ugly (no offence plx)

Well I can give 2/5, just for the Piercing Scream thing

Last edited:
Level 4
How about some spell descriptions?

In order for us to care about your map, you have to care about your map.

Level 9
Well you advanced quickly, only some stuff I'd like to mention:-
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in screamgrp and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (45.00, 0.00)) facing default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Standard expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unitit - Order (Last created unit) to Human-Mountainking - 'Thunderclap'
Well I think in this case the whole unit group is unneeded because you only create dummys which do nothing for every unitin the AoE (except the last who casts a thunderclap), plus the point with offset leaks, you have to store it into a variable first and then remove it.

• Set Soulgrp = (Units within Soularea of Soulpt matching (>>>((Owner of (Matching unit)) Ungleich (Owner of Soulcaster)<<<) and (((Matching unit) Ungleich Soultarget) and ((>>>((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of Soulcaster)) Ungleich True)<<< and ((((Matching unit) is .......
Simply remove the first marked thing (>>><<<), since it's obiously unneccesary.

• Set Souldmg = 100.00
You never use this variable

Last but not least in the volcano:
  • Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
Better use starts the effect like in your other two triggers.

Besides those small issues, good job.

And please change the text thing. The text and this sound every 10 sec are annoying...

Level 17
  • Piercing Scream
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffa500P|r|cffff0000iercing Scream|r
    • Actions
      • Set ScreamHero = (Triggering unit)
      • Set ScreamPT = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set screamgrp = (Units within 512.00 of ScreamPT matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of ScreamHero)) Equal to True)))
      • Unit - Cause ScreamHero to damage (Casting unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Disease
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at [~~LEAK~~]((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by (45.00, 0.00))[~~/LEAK~~] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ScreamPT)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_screamgrp)
Point Leak....needs fix....you need to define point first then use ti ...and after usage you need to destroy it....btw nice spells...only fix the leaks and make mini vulcano MUI with no wait ....abd this will be good for 3 or 4/5 +rep ;)

Level 14
Updated, removed leak, added a new spell, but i'm still confused as to the wait in the Mini Volcano. I need to add lots of triggers or something as for it to take 2 seconds to reach the 2 seconds i need?

Edit: Thanks Bigapple for helping me with the MUI Mini Volcano (Updated Again).

Last edited:
Level 2
Piercing Scream does not deal any damage.
And WTF is this:
  • Unit - Cause rageH2 to damage (Casting unit), dealing 75.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Disease
Why the hell the rageH2(CastingUnit) will damage himself?

Use this:
  • Unit - Set life of rageH2 to ((Life of rageH2) - 75.00)
And:
  • Rage Buffoff
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set rageH = (Attacked unit)
      • If ((Attacked unit) Equal to rageH) then do (Unit - Remove Regeneration buff from rageH) else do (Do nothing)
What happens if an ally unit accendtly clicks attack on this unit?

Use something like this:
  • Rage Buffoff
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Attacked unit) has buff Regeneration) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Regeneration buff from (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
I hope this time you'll read my comment.

Level 17
It should look like this:
  • Piercing Scream
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to |cffffa500P|r|cffff0000iercing Scream|r
    • Actions
      • Set ScreamHero = (Triggering unit)
      • Set ScreamPT = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Cause ScreamHero to damage (Casting unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Disease
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of ScreamHero) at ScreamPT facing ScreamPT
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_ScreamPT)
You don't need that unit group, but you need to use that point you made at beginning of spell!...and you don't need to remove unit!