• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple Distributors Re spawning System

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is very simple system that will re spawn destroyed trees every limited time.

Triggers are like this:-
[trigger= SDRS Initialization]SDRS Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set Destributor_Counts = (Destributor_Counts + 1)
Set Destributor[Destributor_Counts] = (Picked destructible)
[/trigger]

[trigger= Destributor Replacement]Destributors Replacement
Events
Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
For each (Integer A) from 1 to Destributor_Counts, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Destributor[(Integer A)] is dead) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Destructible - Create a (Destructible-type of Destributor[(Integer A)]) at (Position of Destributor[(Integer A)]) facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
Else - Actions
[/trigger]

To copy SDRS.
1. Be sure "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" is enabled in the World Editor general preferences.
2. Copy and paste the Simple Destributors replacement Cotegary.
3. To modify time, change the event in trigger Destributors Replacement.

This is my first upload in Hive workshop. If any mistakes are found please inform me.
If you want to use this in your map please credit me.
I am sorry about my English. Thank you every one.

Keywords:
Simple Destributors Respawn System
Contents

Just another Warcraft III map (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected. 16:33, 8th Oct 2012 Magtheridon96: - This leaks many locations (points). Learn more... - This resource is /far/ too simple. - The algorithm is very inefficient. In order to make it...

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long as NeedsFix. Rejected.

16:33, 8th Oct 2012
Magtheridon96:

- This leaks many locations (points). Learn more...
- This resource is /far/ too simple.
- The algorithm is very inefficient.

In order to make it faster, you should use BUP's method of registering the events to a trigger and restoring the max life of the destructable upon death, except you shouldn't use the wait.

There are a ton of other systems that do the same thing and better, so I can't approve this because any improvements done to it will end you up with a very similar resource to the ones already available.

I'm doing this because I don't want to waste your time.

Here are some tutorials that could help you make good resources in the future:
- A Complete Beginners Guide to Hashtables
- MUI Spells Using Artificial Waits
- Common Triggering Tips

BUP

BUP

Level 9
Simple and light but I like it.
I'll rate it 4/5!!
Why don't you make the trees to regrow.
Like this

• Regrow Trees Setup
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to RegrowTrees <gen> the event (Destructible - (Picked destructible) dies)

• RegrowTrees
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local destructable BADTREE = GetDyingDestructable()
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DestructableRestoreLife( BADTREE, GetDestructableMaxLife(BADTREE), true )

This does not descriminate between trees and other doodads, like bridges, I'm pretty sure we have plenty of such systems involving trees which do descriminate between them, Also this would eventually flood the map with doodads as the "old" ones are not removed when you create the new ones, would be easier to just revive the dead tree than to create another one anyway. It also leaks

Also BUP, If you were going to do that (also doesn't descriminiate between trees and other stuff) I'd suggest using something other than a wait in there, if you want it to be consistently a 5 second delay.

Level 5
Mr. Bup i made this system to my new aos map called battle 4 ways. In that map there is a one skill named sprout which will cover a unit with trees. So if i used system which u mentioned above it will be buggy so i didn't used system like that if u want u can add it in your map so thank you to comment. If any bugs are there please inform me Thank you every one.

Level 33
Mr. Bup i made this system to my new aos map called battle 4 ways. In that map there is a one skill named sprout which will cover a unit with trees. So if i used system which u mentioned above it will be buggy so i didn't used system
Lol you can filter which destructible you want to add revival you know ?